Friday, March 18, 2011

Bellarific Friday is all about THE BAG!

I finally had a chance to participate in another Bellarific Friday! This one was a very easy sketch challenge (see below) and since I had just organized everything at my craft desk, I had fun putting this together.

This card was totally inspired by a bag! My music store gave me a paper bag covered in music notes and I went "oh my goodness! It's covered in Taken with Teal music notes!" Pathetic that I know the SU colors that well, huh...LOL! But seriously, I stashed it away for future use! And here it is combined with Musicabella...my first ever Stamping Bella stamp!
I opened up the bag for my background for the picture...it's quite a nice sized bag, so I have plenty left! I embossed the black layer and then added Glossy Accents to the music notes for added dimension. Her dress is paper pieced in the Taken with Teal cardstock.

I kept the inside simple, bringing in more of the bag and then embellishing with just a simple music note brad. I would have stamped a coordinating sentiment if I had one...but left this one blank this time.
So have you ever used a piece of packaging as part of your card?? Do you see colors and translate them into a color names from a company like Stampin Up or Papertrey Ink?
Photobucket
Card Details
Stamps: Musicabella (Stamping Bella)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (memento)
Coloring: Copics
Paper: CS-Basic Black, Taken with Teal (Stampin Up) and White (Georgia Pacific); music note paper is from a bag
Accessories: mini black brads, music note brad, foam tape, glossy accents
Tools: Cuttlebug Machine, Big Scallop Ovals LG and Classic Ovals LG Nestabilities (Spellbinders)

0 Words of Love:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps