Thursday, February 10, 2011

Tag and Release for MelJen Designs

It's Thursday (again!) and that means a new challenge AND a new release over on the Meljen Designs Design Team and Challenge Blog! This week's new release images are just adorable and perfect for those last minute Valentine's Day creations!

Aren't they just so cute! I fell in love with the "Perfect Pear" and used it with THIS WEEK'S CHALLENGE: GIFT TAGS!

Before you go running and screaming, may I remind you that gift tags can be treated like they are just an image layer for your card. When you think of it that way, they aren't so scary...at least, that's what I keep telling myself! But you won't find anything fancy schmancy from me...I just kept it simple this week making a tag for a bottle of bubbly--perfect for my newly engaged sister-in-law and her FiancĂ©!

I just used my Oval Nesties with my Big Scallop Ovals and then attached a ribbon loop at the top! Simple! And aren't they adoreable paper pieced? Want to know something totally ironic...the other side of that paper is a pattern of...PEARS!!! LOL! I know! Perfect! And that's why I just HAD to make a card to match this tag!
Now it's your turn! Show us some GIFT TAGS! You can upload to Mr. Linky on today's post--you just might see your creation featured on Tuesday--or maybe you'll even make the TOP 5! Regardless, we can't WAIT to see what you create!

For Challenges:
(card for my newly engaged sister-in-law)
(digi image)
The Crazy Challenge #53: Lots of Love
(for a newly engaged couple)
Woodware USA #13: Ribbon/Bows
(ribbon/bow on card and ribbon on tag)
Photobucket
Card and Gift Tag Details
Stamps: Perfect Pear digi (Meljen Designs)
Coloring: Copics (C1, W00, W1, RV11, RV13, R20, YG95, YG97, E47, E49)
Ink: Old Olive (Stampin Up)
Paper: CS-Kiwi Kiss and Chocolate Chip (Stampin Up), White (Georgia Pacific); DP-"Good Morning Sunshine" (Stampin Up)
Accessories: Old Olive and Chocolate Chip grosgrain ribbon (SU), "Stardust" Stickles, foam tape, stipple brush
Tools: Cuttlebug, Classic Square LG, Classic Ovals LG, Big Scalloped Ovals LG (Spellbinders)

7 Words of Love:

Dawn said...

What a great gift idea, your sister in law will be pleased. Thanks for joinign us at OSAAT

Carma said...

Adorable image! I love the paper piecing.

Nancy said...

What fun images!! I love your creation!! Thanks for joining us this week at Woodware USA!!

isu.alum said...

Love the fun little "wine bottle" tag. Perfect for the PERFECT pair. Love the paper pieced pears too. Thanks for playing in the WoodwareUSA challenge this week. Good luck!

Kerry WWDT

Anne said...

That is one super cute image!! Perfect for Valentines!! Your use of ribbon as a design element is beautiful! So glad you joined our challenge on WWUSA blog this week!!

Netty said...

Very beautiful - I love both the tag and the card! Lovely colours and image!
Thank you for joining us at The Crazy Challenge this week!

Cheryl said...

I love your projects! You sister will love them.

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps