Thursday, February 03, 2011

Surprise! A Love Hop with Meljen Designs

Surprise! Guess what? I'm a hoppin' with the Meljen Design Team today! I KNOW! Super exciting isn't it? I was tickled to death when I was asked to join them as the Guest Designer for February! I've only started REALLY getting into the deliciousness of MelJen Designs over the last couple months, and I'm *officially* addicted! LOL! But let's not stray from the point...
It's Release Day and Challenge day for the Meljen Design Team over on the Meljen Design Team Challenge blog! Melissa has created some ADORABLE images that you are going to want to get your hands on ASAP! And YES, they are "LOVE-ly"!
If you just stopped by my blog to see what I've got going on, why not go back to the BEGINNING of the blog by visiting Andrea's blog? If you've been hopping along, then you should have just arrived from Lisa F's Blog where I'm sure you saw something simply adoreable!

Before we get down to the project I have for you, let me remind you that this Beautiful Blog Hop has a GRAND PRIZE connected to it!!! The GRAND PRIZE is FOUR images from Meljen Designs!! Any of the designs from the WHOLE COLLECTION IN THE WHIMSY DIGI SHOP...not just the fabulous images released today! How fabulous is that??? All you have to do is leave some love (aka. comment) on the entire Design Team's blogs during this hop. One lucky participant who has completed the hop will win! Simple right?

But WAIT there is MORE!! Each of the Design Team Members (EVEN ME!) is going to pick ONE LUCKY WINNER who comments on their blog--and what will they win? They will win the fabulous image that the designer used for their project!! Awesome 'Possum, huh? All the winners will be announced on Wednesday Feb 9th at 10am EST. That gives you from now until Tuesday February 8th @ 8pm EST to get your comments completed! All these details and more can be found on the MAIN BLOG.

Whew! Back to the REAL reason you are here at my blog...

Not only are we sharing some of the adoreable new images by Meljen, but today is also the start of another week's challenge! This week we want to see some FANCY FOLDS!

I do your typical card creations all the time, but I'm always game to try out some new folds and when I saw THIS TUTORIAL for the TWISTED EASEL CARD, I knew I needed to try it out!

I'm using the fabulous new image Love Sprouts for this card (you can BUY IT NOW)...
 
(Click any pic for a closeup!)

Doesn't this design just oooze cuteness? I love this Stampin Up paper (Petals & Paisleys) and that hint of blue just sings to me! I showcased the Love Sprouts (colored with Copics) and popped up the flower pot. I finished the project with two other stamp companies--the sentiment from the set Love Birds by There She Goes Clear Stamps and the hearts from the Text Objects set by Verve. I think it all goes together just splendidly! The lacey stuff is just white cardstock punched with my Martha Stewart Doily Lace edge punch...then I mashed and smashed it to break up the fibers (since I don't have a crimper) and then pleated it as I attached it to the card base. SUPER easy and fun! 

Time for you to check out some other Fancy Folds featuring some of the {BrAnD NeW} digi stamps from Meljen! Your next stop is Marlena P.!

But wait before you go, make sure you leave me a comment to get entered to win the new image LOVE SPROUTS for your very own!

Thanks for stopping by and I look foward to spending this month with you and Meljen Designs!

Blog Hop Order (in case you get lost)

Andrea
Anita
Audrey
Candace
Cheryl
Darsie
Dee
Dianna
Jessica
Lauretta
Lisa F.
                           Lisa M <--You are here
Marlena
Melissa
Nicole
Robbie
Sandy

Photobucket
Card Details
Stamps:
Love Sprouts digi (Meljen Designs), Love Birds (TSG) and Text Objects (Verve)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento), Old Olive (Stampin Up)
Coloring: Copics-(C1, Y21, YR23, B00, RV11, RV34, YG95, YG97)
Paper: CS-Old Olive (Stampin Up), White (Georgia Pacific); DP-"Petals & Paisleys" (Stampin Up)
Accessories: buttons, dimensionals, "Stardust" Stickles, pink ribbon, white floss
Tools: Standard Circles SM Nestabilities, Cuttlebug machine, Doily lace Edge Punch (Martha Stewart)

50 Words of Love:

Katja said...

Lovely fold!!! And really pretty colours and coloring. My compliments.

Greetings,
Katja

Pat said...

Congrats on being a guest designer for Meljens! Your card is so cute and I love the design and fold you used.

Judy said...

I love your card. We sure need a pot of flowers after this blizzard !

Darsie Bruno said...

Love your fancy fold card! Will definitely have to try that one! Looking forward to working with you :)

Marlena Peduzzi said...

This card is great! A breath of spring air after all this cold and messiness!

Anna R said...

WOW! I've never seen a twisted easel card before...so cool! Love your fresh spring card!!

Anita said...

Beautiful card Lisa. This is the first time I've seen this kind of easel card and I love it! It's so nice to have you join us this month.

weva said...

Cute card!!

jules said...

wow love the folds!!! and it's just beautiful

Robin Parker said...

Way Cool Twisted Easel card. Love the Love Sprouts image. Great added touch with the eyelet lace.

jigglymills said...

Beautiful card! Love the paper, folds and colors! Thank you for sharing!!!

claire7q said...

Great card, love those stripes!

Heidi Brawley said...

Wow what a neat fold card! It is way cute! TFS!
~Heidi Brawley

Debs said...

Congrats on your DT spot. Your card is lovely. Debs xx

Sara I. said...

Wow! So refreshing to see something different!!! Love your fab springy colors and the buttons on the bottom corner! Congrats on your new DT spot -lots of luck!

Jennie said...

Wowee twisted Easel card! I think I've just died and gone to heaven :)

A FANTASTIC card! I love it so much :) xxxx

Starla B. said...

Congrats on the DT! I love this easel card...it's so different!

PresentStorm said...

What a GORGEOUS color combo and card! I love that fold.. have never seen it before either. This is phenomenal!!
Congrats on making the DT!!

Karen said...

This is one of my favourite card folds - I love it! And I really like the ribbon ruching at the bottom - a very pretty card and so very nice to look at.xx

Angelica said...

Love your fold card!! Pretty colors and card.

Lillian Child said...

Great card creation! And so excited for you to be a guest designer! Congrats!

paperfun said...

Very lovely. I love the fold.

Lisa said...

neat card!

Kiehn said...

awesome to be a guest designer...beautiful cards amazing job


~Tina~

Lauretta See said...

beautiful card Lisa :) congrats on the guest DT spot ;) so happy for you. Big Hug x

Marie-Anne said...

What a lovely card! Great folding too. Going to try that one too one day.

Marie-Anne

mforquer said...

Lisa this is gorgeous and congrats on the guest DT spot! This card is truly beautiful - can't wait to see what you make next!
hugs,
M

Natalie said...

What a gorgeous card!!!! Very clever!!!

Cheryl said...

Your card is adorable! I love the colors and the adorable folded paper border.

Dianna said...

I love the Twisted Easle Card, it's gorgeous!! I need to try that! Congratulations on being a Guest Designer for Meljen's! So excited that you're joining us for this Blog Hop, too!

{{HUGS}} Di

Lisa R said...

Looks like a neat twist to the easel card. Adorable image. Thanks for your inspiration.

Collette said...

Wonderful job on the image - and I love, love, love that twisted easle! Fabulous!

Petra said...

Congrats on being chosen as the GD, must say this is the first time i've seen this variation on an easel card and I love what you've done!

Kards by Kathi said...

Love love love your unusual digi designed card. All of your things are so wonderful. I am new at this form of cardmaking, but hope to get better. Thanks for your time and talent.

tracy4 said...

I love the twist card very nice.

Sandy said...

So glad you're here with us as guest for February - your card is absolutely stunning!!

Mary J said...

Very clever! I love the colours!

Marie B. said...

What an awesome fold! Very pretty colors! :)

Candace Mitchell said...

This is so sweet and beautiful!! :)

Brennen said...

I gots to make me one of these awesome twised easel cards too! TFS

Rae Ann said...

Congrats on being guest designer this month! This is such an awesome fold design. The soft colors are great!

Angie said...

Super duper cute! Love that fold easel card, never seen one like that!! Great job on the image!

Wondering Me said...

Great blog. Enjoying my first hop! Thanks

Robbie said...

Lisa, I fell in love with this card the first time I saw it. The colors, the fold, everything. No Way on the doily punch lace being paper!--blows my mind. So goin to have to give it a try.Looking forward to seeing your creations!

Sammibug said...

Wow, I love this card style! your card is gorgeous!! Thanks so much for sharing the link o the tutorial!

Paula said...

This is such a cute sweet lil' image. I'm lovin' it. Now I'm hopping on over to Marlena's blog.

xxxtglxxx said...

I have never tried one of these card, but yours looks amazing! :) wow.

Great DP, colours and a fab image, what more could a girl ask for :)

hugs

xxalisonxx

Heidi said...

I love this folded card design another style Iwill have to have a go at. the colours are really fresh and springy. love heidi x

Mary said...

Beautiful card!

Jaqi said...

Super fold, Lisa! I definitely will try it soon. Those love sprouts really look great in combination with the pink and green papers.

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps