Sunday, February 27, 2011

So Charming

Happy Sunday!
Can you even believe it's the last Sunday of February already? I mean, one more day and this month is done! Shocking the way that time flies anymore...

Due to a combination of headaches and lack of sleep (attributed to nursing a 6 month old who is teething!), I've not had the best mojo this week, so I am using one card for both my Paper Sundaes and Sentimental Sundays Design Team sample.

This week's challenge for Sentimental Sundays (sentimentalsundays44) is simple...ANYTHING GOES! All we ask is that you remember to use a sentiment! Our sponsor for Sentimental Sundays this week is...
Heart Song Designs has some very cute digi images which are sure to be perfect for your crafting needs! One randomly drawn participant will win the prize that Heart Song Designs is generously offering.

Paper Sundaes Challenge Blog is hosting an embellishment challenge for you this week! We want you to use CHARMS on your card/project this week. Paper Sundaes is being sponsored by the fabulous store:

I love the wide range of products that Lacey carries in her store and she's super quick about shipping and even tends to include a little extra goody with your order! This last time, I received a darling little bag of...CHARMS! Perfect for this challenge...but sadly, I couldn't make any of them work for me. LOL! Lacey generously let the Sundaes Girls play with some of the Wags n Whiskers digis this week for our cards. 

Without further ado, here is my joint card for this week...
This adoreable little pup is Buddy and I just love everything about him! He's so happy with his balloon! The sentiment is from the Birthday Cheer set by Paper Makeup Stamps. I popped up the ballon and party hat with foam tape and then added Glossy Accents to the balloon, spot on the hat and Buddy's nose. Now my charm is unique because I made it. I didn't have any charms that would have worked with this card, so I dug around determined to do SOMETHING! I found in my brad stash a bunch of paw-print brads. So I took one and snipped one of the prongs off the back. Then I curved the other prong into a loop and added some split rings--and now I have charm!

I hope you will give these challenges a try this week! Go to the Paper Sundaes blog to see what some of the other Sundae Girls created using charms...and then visit the Sentimental Sundays blog to see what my Sentimental Ladies put together for the Anything Goes challenge!

 Photobucket
Card Details
Stamps:
Buddy's Balloon (WnW); Birthday Wishes (Paper Makeup Stamps)
Ink: Real Red (Stampin Up)
Coloring: Copics(W's, R27, R29, B28, C1)
Paper: Kraft, Brilliant Blue (Stampin Up)
Accessories: split rings, Glossy Accents, paw print brads, Real Red Grosgrain ribbon (SU), white gel pen

4 Words of Love:

Fiona said...

this is fab Lisa...what a cute little pooch!!

Fi
x

Tameko said...

Hi Lisa, your card is adorable. Like that kraft cardstock,your charm creation, & the way you used the glossy accents!

Cheryl said...

Cute, cute, cute! I love the clean design.

alicaz said...

very sweet! Love the balloon and how you made your charm too! Very creative!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps