Sunday, February 13, 2011

Pretty Pink Hippos Need Love too...

Happy Sunday! The Sentimental Sundays team is really hoping you haven't put away those traditional Valentine's Day colors yet! Our challenge for you this week is to create a card or project using the colors Red, Pink and White! I know, I know...but it's just ONE more time! LOL!

We have a sponsor this week! The fabulous Melissa Jenkins of MelJen Designs is sponsoring our challenge and generously gave the design team some of her fabulous digi images to work with. I decided to use a new one just released this month for my card...
Hearty Hippo is just so cute! And yes, SHE'S PINK!! For some reason I always think of pink hippos...could it be because of the old Disney Movie Fantasia? I seem to recall pink hippos...or maybe it was grey hippos in pink tutus? Anyways, this little hippo was DYING to be pink so I gladly complied! I even gave her a dabble of sparkle for "blush", toenail polish and of course her little tail! Now she's a glamourus pink hippo!

The sentiment is from the Little Moments set by Paper Makeup Stamps...a MUST HAVE for your stamp collection--you have been seeing a LOT of it on my creations lately. It really is a great sentiment set.

We hope you join us this week for our COLOR INSPIRATION challenge this week at Sentimental Sundays...as usual you can make ANYTHING, just remember it MUST have a visible sentiment for it to be in the running for our prize! Feel free to use sentimentalsundays42 if you upload to SCS!

Photobucket
Card Details
Stamps:
Hearty Hippo digi (Meljen Designs); Little Moments (Paper Makeup Stamps)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Coloring: Copics (R27, E29, RV13, RV34, C1, C3)
Paper: CS-White (Georgia pacific); DP-"Red &White Doodle Hearts" (Paper Studio)
Accessories/Tools: Cuttlebug, Classic Squares LG, foam tape, "Stardust" Stickles, lace, gems, multi-liner 

6 Words of Love:

Danni said...

I love this card! How cute!

papertrails leaver said...

loving your hippo card! Very cute with the heart background paper! Happy Valentine's day! :-) Amy

Cheryl said...

I love this hippo and think she looks super in pink! (I made her pink when I used her too!) I love the paper pieced heart. Adorable card.

Ann English said...

Yes, she is perfect in pink! Love it!

nicoleqmullen said...

This is adorable and I think the hippo looks perfect in pink!

Tameko said...

Cool card. Love your hippo, papers, & lace. I really like your spring blog background.

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps