Sunday, February 06, 2011

Lovin' with Sentimental Sundays and DeeDee Digis!

Happy Sunday!

It's time for a new challenge for Sentimental Sundays this week, and we've made it easy....VALENTINES/LOVE!! We want to see those "love"-ly cards and made sure you include a sentiment!

We have our regular monthly sponsor this week the fabulous DeeDee's Digis! Dee Dee has some of the cutest digital images and we are so happy that she's going to be one of our regular sponsors this year! Anyone who partipates this week is eligible to win a gift certificate to her store!

Here is my LOVE-ly card featuring one of the DeeDee's LOVE-ly image/sentiment combos Whole Latte Love!

I just loved this little set! I decided to keep the front plain, just coloring and popping up the image--and I love my little pink mug! And that whipped cream just looks so tasty! The inside image was done by inserting my image into Microsoft Word in a 4" x 5.25" size paper setting. Then I resized my image and recolored it in grey/white and then changed the brightness to 10%. I moved it to the bottom corner and printed it out. Then I ran it BACK through my printer this time having the writing where I wanted it to be.

I really have been enjoying using digi images since I've learned that just printing them out the day before I want to use them, ensures dry printer ink. Oh and I use an HP PSC printer with HP ink onto Georgia Pacific white paper. I color with my Copics. I prefer images that don't have a lot of lines as when there are fine lines I tend to smudge my edges.

Hope you will join us for our LOVELY challenge this week! Add your link to TODAY'S POST and if you upload to SCS, you can use the tag sentimentalsundays41

For Challenges:

Photobucket
Card DetailsStamps: Whole Latte Love (Deedee's digis)
Coloring: Copics
Paper: CS-pretty in pink (SU), White (Georgia Pacific)
Accessories/tools: "Stardust" Stickles, "Polka Dots" embossing folder, Cuttlebug, Standard Rectangles SM

8 Words of Love:

Kimberly S said...

Very pretty Lisa! Love that clean look! :)

Papertrails by a paper lover said...

Lisa your whole latte love is super cute! I love that you used two colors. It's clean and very chic! Cool how you used the image inside with sentiment! Have a great week! :-). Amy

Christine aka blankiefinder said...

This is just adorable! What a great idea to put the sentiment on top of the image on the inside!

Cheryl said...

oooh, this is so soft and pretty! Gorgeous card!

nicoleqmullen said...

Gorgeous card Lisa, so simple yet stunning!!

elsi67 said...

Lovely!! Thanks for playing with us at WOC ♥

Tameko said...

Beautiful. Love the sparkle on top of your cup. And nice touch with the image on the inside panel.

This N That said...

Ms. Lisa! You know I love your style! Thanks SO much for being our valentine at Card Makin Mamas!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps