Saturday, February 19, 2011

Excuse me, but there is a mouse in my teacup!

This week Melissa Jenkins (aka Meljen Designs) released some ADORABLE birthday images!

I chose the cute little Birthday Cup Mouse to share as part of the Birthday Challenge for MJ this week...

One thing I love about digi images...you can flip and rotate them however you need! I flipped this little guy because I liked his candles on the OTHER side for some reason. Hmmm, does this paper look familiar? It should because it's the same Kraft Notecard paper you saw yesterday! I can't help but use it! I mean, I love one-layer cards because they are so easy, but haven't had any paper that I could use my Copics on! So now that I found something I'm going crazy with it! LOL! Seriously...you will see it again..(ahem) TOMORROW! LOL!

I colored this little cutie with a variety of Copics and tried really hard not to make them all match...when embellishing, I pulled out the brighter purple in the candles for my ribbon and gems and then dabbled some Stickles for the flames and danglies.

The sentiment comes from an older cling set (same one I used for yesterday's sentiment). I'm trying REALLY hard to vary my stamp useage as I have some FABULOUS stamps that just don't see much ink! I promised myself I would try to use them mixed with newer goodies when I can.

I'm enjoying my stint with Meljen Designs...wait until you see what goodies will be released NEXT week!

See you back here tomorrow for new Paper Sundaes and Sentimental Sundays challenges!

For Challenges:
Photobucket
Card Details
Stamps:
Birthday Cup Mouse (MJ); Sentiment from stash
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Coloring: Copics
Accessories: knitted ribbon (stash), adhesive gems, "Crystal" and "Yellow" Stickles

3 Words of Love:

Anneke said...

OOh wow, what a terrific beautiful card!!
I love that you coloring on that kraft paper :)
It's so great!!
Hugs Anneke

Katja said...

What a lovely card! Thanks for joining our challenge at Meljen's Design Team Challenge Blog!

Greetings, Katja (Meljen's Design Team)

Sprytebyrd said...

Hey Lisa - I just love this card and love the single layer look :) Thanks again for being our Guest Designer at Meljen's and Thanks so much for playing along with the Card Makin' Mamas on our Birthday Challenge! Good Luck!
Hugs! Dee Sprytebyrd's Sentiments

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps