Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Where there is love…


You know those times when the vision you have for your card/project comes to fruition EXACTLY as you had planned? Yeah, it was one of those nights last night!


This card is for the Viva la Verve January 2011 Week #2 Sketch and I totally ♥ everything about it! I started off with this gorgeous paper from the Olivia paper pad by Basic Grey. I just received it this week from Stamp & Create and have been dying to bust into it! I was delighted to find that it was an almost perfect match to the SU colors Sahara Sand, Sage Shadow and Blushing Bride! What a feminine color combo and one I haven't used yet. In fact, where has Sage Shadow been all my life??? ♥ Why on earth was this color discontinued before I could get more of it?!! But I'm digressing.

The sketch for Week #2 was perfect for showcasing this awesome paper, and perfect for the scrappy hearts in this stamp set! I went out of my norm and went ahead (sensing it was going to work perfectly) and did two cards while I had everything out. I only changed the color of the solid heart.

These stamps are more from the Verve set Text Objects. The little hearts on the sentiment are actually from a The Greeting Farm stamp set Hope & Grace…and just what I needed to fill in that space that was bothering me! I distressed all the edges of the patterned paper and then sponged some Night of Navy along the edge.

For Challenges:
*Basic Grey Challenges #35: Dots and Spots
(Polka dots embossing folder)
(Dry embossing on Sage Shadow layer)
Photobucket
Card Details
Stamps:
Text Objects (Verve)
Ink: Night of Navy (Stampin Up), Cameo Coral marker for hearts (Stampin Up)
Paper: CS-Sahara Sand, Sage Shadow, Blushing Bride (Stampin Up), white (Georgia pacific); DP-"Olivia" paper pad (Basic Grey)
Accessories: pearls, lace, dimensionals
Tools: Labels 10 Nestabilites (spellbinders), "Polka Dots" embossing folder (Cuttlebug), Cuttlebug Machine

15 Words of Love:

Nancy said...

A wonderful card, Lisa!! I've never warmed up to Sage Shadow--maybe I need to "discover" it in this color combo like you did!! Thanks for joining us this week at the Woodware USA challenge!

Vickie Z said...

I have favored sage shadow many times... especially with certain dp. Now, I am wondering about the little hearts before the sentiment... they're perfect but, where did they come from??? Love the lace, pearls, and hearts!!

imsteelefullofscrap said...

Beautiful card...
I could not find an email for you but I am interested in
Fiskars Heart Border Punch $5.00
Jen
crazicrafter@yahoo.com

Melissa Cash said...

Gorgeous card Lisa! I love the colors, CB embossing, the ribbon....heck I love it all!

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Lisa, what a gorgeous card. I love the papers you've used and the sentiment is beautiful. Thanks for joining in with my "something new" challenge over at cupcake craft challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

Rica said...

Gorgeous card Lisa, love your colourway and that you have used that wonderful sentiment as your focal point.

Thanks so much for joining us in the Basic Grey challenge and DT call.
hugs
Heather xx

Christine aka blankiefinder said...

This is absolutely beautiful, Lisa!! Love those colours!

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

Beautiful card

Thanks for joining us on Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge :)

Hugs Jane x
SCSC DT

Mel X said...

Fabulous. Love the design.

Thanks for joining us this week at the Secret Crafter. Good luck.

Mel X

Debbie Carriere said...

Love this card! Great textures & love those little hearts!

Toothy said...

I love this card , the layout and papers and colors, so cute.

Julie Gearinger said...

Lisa- this card is gorgeous! Love the lace and the plaid DSP. Thanks for playing with us at The Paper Players!

Lou said...

Hi! A very lovely card Lisa,just love too the layered hearts and lace.
thank you for joining us at BasicGrey Challenge,hugs Lou & DT.xx

Amy Sheffer said...

How beautiful! Love the heart accents at the top and the lace trim! Great job with the Viva La Verve sketch!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Oh, what a pretty card! Love the cool mixture of papers and that bit of lace!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps