Sunday, January 02, 2011

Starting the year right with Sentimental Sundays and a new sponsor!

It’s the first challenge of the new year for our Sentimental Sundays blog and we are ready to kick things off with a GREAT challenge! In fact, not only do we have a great challenge, but we have a sponsor for this week! The wonderful digi stamp company Deedee’s Digis is offering one randomly drawn participant a gift certificate to her store! She has the most darling little bears and I was excited to get to play with one for this week's challenge. Our theme for this week is CELEBRATE FRIENDSHIP. We want to see cards or projects celebrating the friends in your life...and make sure you use a sentiment!
My card features the adorable little bear set called Just Chillin'. It comes with this darling image and several sentiments and is SOOO EASY to color!!! I went with my fave color combo of Old Olive and Chocolate Chip using up some scrap pieces that I have had lying around. My card is smaller than normal, but I really like how it turned out. I used embossing folders on both the card base and the olive layer and that added a lot of texture.
I can't wait to send this little gem to my best friend later this week! That's one of my goals for this year. To actually SEND the cards that I make! I'm going to start off with trying for one every week. Lame I know, but considering I don't currently send out more than one every OTHER week at best, it's a definite improvement!
I hope that you will join us for our Sentimental Sundays challenge this week. You can add a link to your creation by going to TODAY'S POST--where you will also find more of the details about how to win our fabulous prize!
Photobucket

Card Details

Stamps: "Just Chillin" digi (DeeDee's Digis)
Coloring: Copics (YG95, YG97, B000, C1, E37, E47, E49)
Paper: Chocolate Chip and Old Olive (Stampin Up)
Accessories: Old Olive grosgrain ribbon, "Icicle" Stickles, dimensionals
Tools: "Snowflakes" and "Seeing Spots" embossing folders, Labels 8 and Standard Circles SM Nestabilities

3 Words of Love:

Kimberly S said...

What a fun card Lisa! I'm sure your friend will love it! Great goal for the new year too. :)

nicoleqmullen said...

Super cute card Lisa, that image is adorable!

Cheryl said...

Awww, super cute!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps