Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Set Sail for Viva La Verve

I am determined to do all of this month's Viva la Verve challenges so I started with Week 1 last night.

I honestly think this is maybe my second card I've ever made that was long. This one measures 4" x 9". I think I stear clear of long cards because it's that much more space to fill up...but the sketch for this one made it easy. I used the color combination of white, Night of Navy and Daffodil Delight keeping the navy for my main accent color.

I used my newly won Verve set Text Objects for the ship and sentiment. I know, I know! I ALWAYS seem to win regularly with Verve! LOL! I think was my 5th time winning something from the company! It's awesome! :) Anyways, this set is very awesome and I had fun using it.

Does the ship look cheesy there? I needed an object to fill that space and I thought a ship would work. I added foam tape under the sails to make them stick up too. Do you get that the ship is kind of going around the world? I also used the Divine Swirls embossing folder for the panels to get a wave feel to the texture.

The inside of the card is white and I used the text lines for this same sentiment along the bottom with a shadow image of the ship in the corner.

For Challenges:
Cupcake Craft Challenge #124: Something New
(new cardstock, new stamp set)
Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge #116: Tons of Texture
(dry embossed all my panels)
Photobucket

Card DetailsStamps: Text Objects (Verve)
Ink: Night of Navy (Stampin Up), Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Coloring: Copics (E47, E49, O)
Paper: Daffodil Delight and Night of Navy (Stampin Up), White (Georgia Pacific)
Accessories: buttons (SU), dimensionals, satin ribbon
Tools: Standard Circles SM Nestabilities, "Divine Swirls" embossing folder (Cuttlebug)

6 Words of Love:

downrightcrafty said...

gorgeous creation and fabulous texture, thank you for sharing with us at the SCSC this week
Hugs Kate xx

Curlybear said...

Wow stunning card, and lots of lovely texture,

Thank you for joining us at this weeks SCSC challenge : Tons of Texture
Good luck,

Hugs Bridget, SCSC DT

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

Beautiful card

Thanks for joining us on Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge :)

Hugs Jane x
SCSC DT

Rhonda said...

Very pretty. Love all the textures

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Lisa, what a fantastic card. I love the extra long card shape and the colour scheme is beautiful. The sentiment and little ship are just perfect. Thanks for joining in with my "something new" challenge over at cupcake craft challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

Helen said...

Lovely card!
Thanks for joining us at the SCSC!
Helen x

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps