Sunday, January 30, 2011

Sentimental Sundays with an Asian Flare!

It's time for another Sentimental Sundays Challenge! This week we are helping to celebrate Chinese New Year by challenging you to create a card or project inspired by all things Asian! As usual, make sure you include a sentiment in your creation.

I admit...I freaked out when I learned about this challenge...I own NOTHING in regards to Asian images and maybe ONE measly sentiment...but I did have some Asian feel paper. And then I had my "aha!" moment when I remembered that Paper Makeup Stamps has a VERY Asian Beautiful Day Fairy..in fact, she was the FIRST fairy designed for the collection and one that I had never used! So I asked my a friend for some images and created my project for you.


This gorgeous lady is Penelope and she's so beautiful with her Asian clothing and beautiful long hair and wings! I put a beautiful gold seal sticker on the image over the ring the rope is wrapped around as it adds just the right touch. The sentiment is from one of my Studio G $1 sets I got way back when. This paper is by Basic Grey and though it wasn't the paper I was originally going to use, I thought it worked pretty well. I dry embossed the card from with my 5 x 7 folder from the Heritage collection. The gold cord was just some scraps I found in a bin at Goodwill.

We hope you will play with us at Sentimental Sundays this week. Remember that you can be super creative regarding your Asian inspiration as long as you at least TELL US how you were inspired. There are some fabulous ideas from the Design Team over on the TODAY'S POST if you need further inspiration. And remember that if you upload to SCS use the tag "sentimentalsundays40".
Photobucket
Card Details
Stamps:
Penelope (Paper Makeup Stamps); Sentiment from a Studio G set
Image stamped by a friend in waterproof ink
Coloring: watercolor pencils w/blender pen
Paper: CS-More Mustard, Pacific Point (Stampin Up); DP-"Pyrus" paper pad (Basic Grey)
Accessories: gold cord, gold sticker seal, "Diamond" Stickles, dimensionals
Tools: Cuttlebug machine, Heritage collection embossing folder

7 Words of Love:

Tracey said...

Beautiful card Lisa, I love the oriental fairy & what a great LO :)

Hope you're having a lovely weekend.
Hugs
Tracey
xx

Anita Hovey said...

Lisa she turned out just beautiful!

Papertrails by a paper lover said...

The oriental theme for your card came out beautifully! The paper looks great with the fairy image. Have a great day! :-)Amy

Tameko said...

Lovely oriental themed card. Nice paper, embosiing, and coloring your image!

Carma said...

Penelope looks so lovely on your card. Love the colors!!

Michelle VP said...

You did a lovely job with Penelope on your card, Lisa. :)

Cheryl said...

Your card is lovely! I love the image you used.

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps