Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Scrunched, Rolled and Distressed Moxie Verve!

If you are looking for my Paper Sundaes Birthday Blog Hop Post--CLICK HERE

Happy Tuesday Bloggin' World!

Today I have a Moxie Verve combo card for you! I started with this week's Viva la Verve January 2011 Week #3 Sketch (see bottom) and then was inspired by this picture:

Isn't it so grungy and awesome? Those flowers inspired me to try out rolled flowers again since I NOW HAVE GLUE THAT WILL HOLD THEM IN PLACE! Woot! Woot! No more excuses for not using flowers on my cards! LOL! So with the grungy shabby chic inspiration, here is what I came up with...
I felt like that pillow was an ashy blue in a past life-so went with a ash blue/espresso/vanilla color combo using my NEWEST favorite paper pad "Ella Blue" from the Tina Higgins line by GCD Studios. Everything about this paper screams shabby chic, so I went whole hog!

I did the edges of the patterned paper with my distressing tool AND fingernail, then I stamped the sentiment, crumpled it up--smoothed it out and sponged the edges to age the vanilla paper.
I pulled out my much forgotten Sizzlits diecut "Little Leaves" for some extra space filler. And then here is my second attempt at rolled flowers. I love how the pearl brads look for the centers! I set this up on some pleated ivory lace covered the edge with a shimmery blue/brown ribbon and *viola*!

You can also see the embossing texture I added to the lower third of the card base--and I'm pretty sure you can see in the main card shot that I sprayed my new love--Tsukineko's Sheer Shimmer Spritz in "Sparkle"--over the final creation. Mmm, I just adore how shabby chic this looks in real life!

For Challenges:
* Corossive Challenge #99: Pearls and Lace
* One Stitch at a Time #45: New
(new stamp/new embossing folder)
* Wild Orchid #15: Sentimental
* Papertake Weekly Challenge for 1/18: Ribbons and Pearls
* Viva la Verve January 2011 Week #3
* Moxie Fab World-Tuesday Trigger for 1/18

Don't forget that there is still time for you to get entered to win a $20 Paper Makeup Stamps Gift Certificate--CLICK HERE for all the details.
Photobucket
Card Details
Stamp:
1 Chronicles 16:34 (Verve Stamps)
Ink: Early Espresso (Stampin Up)
Paper: CS-Early Espresso, Very Vanilla (Stampin up); DP-"Ella Rose" pad (GCD studio)
Fibers: ivory lace (by the yard--walmart), blue/brown shimmer (by the roll at Hobby Lobby)
Accessories: gold rimmed pearl brads, Fabri-Tac Adhesive, Red Line tape, "Sparkle" shimmer spray (Tsukineko)
Tools: Cuttlebug, Sizzlits Little Leaves (Sizzix/Stampin Up), "Diamonds and Dots" embossing folder (Quikutz)

14 Words of Love:

Melissa Cash said...

Lisa, your card is beautifully shabby! I love your rolled flowers and details!

Lisa Kind said...

So pretty Lisa! Very nice take on the inspiration piece! Love the grunge look you created!

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

So pretty hun, love the colours just gorgeous!!

Thank you for sharing with us at OSAAT this week, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

Shelly said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!!!

Tameko said...

Beautiful...Love the colors, and sentiment!

Debs said...

Beautiful creation, I love your colors and your flowers are perfect, thanks so much for sharing with us at OSAAT this week
Deborah
xxx

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is positively gorgeous! Love all your distressed details.

Janet said...

great card! thanks for joining the corrosive challenge!
hugs

Tracy V. said...

beaitiful Lisa!!!!! Those colors are fab and so is the rolled flowers! So nice.
Tracy v

Anita Hovey said...

Beautiful card Lisa. Love the colors and those rolled flowers. Thanks for joining us at Corrosive Challenge this week.

Cheryl said...

Gorgeous and elegant! Great take on the trigger.

ona_i_ja said...

Lisa, adorable card!!! I love your design!
Thanks for joining us at OSAAT this week and good luck!
Hugs
Agnieszka

Cath said...

Hey Lisa! What a pretty approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks so much for playing along! :)

Debi said...

Your card is lovely! Thank you for playing along with the Papertake Weekly challenge.

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps