Sunday, January 23, 2011

Scrappy Distressing for Paper Sundaes

Happy Sunday!

Thank you so much to all of you who participated in our FABULOUS Birthday Celebration over on our Paper Sundaes Blog last week! We had a phenomenal turnout and can't WAIT to announce all the winners! But first we want to get you started on the challenge for this week. Your Paper Sundaes Challenge #53 is De-Stress! LOL! We want to see you use the technique of DISTRESSING on your projects. There are so many ways to distress your paper--simply crumpling, tearing, sponging...anything that makes it look---well, distressed! LOL! You can see one of my favorite distressed cards HERE if you need some ideas...

We have the fabulous Simon Says Stamp for our sponsor this week! There is a nice gift certificate up for grabs to one randomly drawn participant this week.

I hit the scraps for my card...

This adoreable image is House Mouse "Singing in the Rain". I just love how happy that little mousie looks! I stamped him with Ancient Page and then used watercolors on my kraft paper. The raindrops have been Stickle-d with "Crystal" and I distressed the images of every layer using my distressing tool.

All the paper was from my scrap bin, as was this bit of awesome ribbon. Two buttons, a couple stitches, a bit of dry embossing and *viola*! A cute card for a dear friend...

The inside of the card has a very faint shadow of the image and THIS sentiment by Paper Makeup Stamps.

Hope you will play with our DISTRESSING challenge this week! Go check out what some of my fellow Sundaes Girls created over on today's post and then play along! Upload your NEW project/card to Mr. Linky--and if you upload to SCS use the tag "PSC53".
Photobucket
Card Details
Stamps:
Singing in the Rain (House-Mouse)
Ink: Black Onyx (Ancient Page)
Coloring: Watercolor pencils with blender pen
Paper: Kraft, More Mustard and Not Quite Navy (Stampin Up)
Accessories:"Crystal" Stickles, foam tape,  green/twine ribbon (from stash), green buttons, blue floss
Tools: "Polka Dots" embossing folder, Cuttlebug, distressing tool

3 Words of Love:

Fiona said...

this is sooo cute Lisa...these HM stamps always make me smile!!

Fi
x

Dawn Mercedes said...

super sweet...love that ribbon/button idea! Congrats on the win!

Carma said...

What a darling image and the perfect sentiment to go with it!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps