Tuesday, January 04, 2011

PMS January Release Sneaks- Day #3: Fairies


What is a Paper Makeup Stamps release without fairies? Why no release at all! So we won't leave you disappointed! We have two new fairies (well three actually but more about that later) to be joining the Beautiful Day Fairy collection! There is Sasha—a beautiful ice skating fairy and Cosette—toasty warm in her coat, boots and warming her hands with a cup of…something lovely I'm sure!

I am tickled to bring you a glimpse of Sasha!

Okay, I admit I'm not IN LOVE with this card, but I'm in love with the image! I had a BLAST bejeweling her outfit! The main portion of her dress is the Glitz Stickles color "Sequins"…I know. Totally perfect, right? Anyways, it I was EVER an ice skater I totally would have this outfit!!

(Anyone else obsessed with the women's figure skating at the Olympics? LOL!)

I kind of wanted to make a scene for her to be skating on, but it didn't work out the way I was wanting. To make the ice, I masked off half of the diecut (Labels 10) and use my stipple brush (yes Lisa K.! I love it!) to swirl on some Basic Gray ink very light. Then keeping it masked, I spritzed it with my Frost shimmer spray. I added her track with a very light line of Stickles with more Stickles around the edge of the ice.
I used dimensionals to pop her up which really seems to add to this card. The card front was dry embossed using the large 5 x 7" swirled design from the Heritage folder collection.

Make sure you go see what Lisa Kind and Maria did with Sasha too!

When you are ready to meet Cosette, drop by Simonne, Randee or Jami's blogs…

To see everything in at once, visit
TODAY'S POST on the PMS blog—and while you are there make sure you leave a comment to be entered to win the ENTIRE JANUARY RELEASE. The winner will be drawn at our release party on January 7th. The party is from 9-11 EST in our FORUM and we would love for you to join us!

Make sure you stay tuned all week for your chances to get your first glimpse at the rest of this month's incredible release!
Photobucket

5 Words of Love:

Berenice R. said...

Gorgeous card! Thanks for sharing :)

Christine aka blankiefinder said...

Beautiful, Lisa! You're right, the 'Sequins' Stickles is perfect! Love the way you did the ice.

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Fabulous card Lisa - LOVE the dress - the glitter is perfect for it. (I so wish I could do that with my legs)!!
x Sylvia x

Carma said...

I just love all the sparkle! And the ice is perfect!!!

Cheryll AW said...

Captured the beauty of ice skating perfectly. The skateline on ice really sets the scene for the imagination.

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps