Sunday, January 16, 2011

Partying with Paper Sundaes!!


(This is my second post for the day--so click HERE for my Sentimental Sundays Card!)Happy Sunday and welcome to Paper Sundaes Birthday Celebration! We are super excited about our birthday and we are going over and above our usual fabulousness by having MULTIPLE Sponsors who are helping us treat YOU to some birthday goodness! If you have arrived here from Pattie's Blog, then you are on the right track. If not, please go back and start at Paper Sundaes Challenge Blog and hop along so that you don't miss out on any of the gorgeous creations from the Sundae Girls (and for your chance to win some yummy candy!).

Remember that to win, you need to collect your word and comment on all the stops so you are entered for some {AmAzInG PrIzEs}!!! Your hop will end back at our Challenge Blog where you will leave a comment with the phrase you collected—SIX (yes SIX!!) lucky randomly drawn commenters will win incredible prizes!

Our challenge this week is extra special - we would like you to show us your favorite challenge from the past year! And to celebrate, we have FIVE different prizes for FIVE randomly drawn winners! That's right…FIVE MORE CHANCES to win some amazing goodies from our sponsors! That's a grand total of 11 chances to win!!! Just go our blog archive to pick your challenge. Each of the DT members are showcasing one (or more!) of the past challenges—as well as featuring the sponsors for our birthday bash!

The fabulous stamp company (and another one of my Design Teams!) Paper Makeup Stamps is one of our super generous sponsors for our birthday bash. I've featured some of their amazing stamps with my project which uses
Paper Sundaes Challenge #10 (PSC10): PAPER PIECING!!


I know, you saw this exact color combo a couple days ago...but hey, since it was already out on my desk, I decided to use it again, I mean, it's fabulous! LOL! Speaking of fabulous...this corset is from the amazing PMS stamp set Oo-La-La! This set just begs to be paper pieced...and not just paper pieced, but it says "go on, add some trim to me!"

I was inspired by THIS card by Simonne (aka. Sem-See)--where she used the same stamp set as I did and I thought it was the perfect layout to feature this darling corset.

The inside of the card has a shadow image of the corset stamp with the sentiment "Just thought you could use a lift" (also from the set) which always makes me smile!

If you visit my blog regularly, you KNOW how much I adore this technique! I'm super picky when it comes to colors and anytime I don't have the right colors for an image, I ALWAYS turn to paper piecing for perfect coordination and it just adds that extra ummmph that some cards need.

Now it's time for you to move on to your next stop at Karina's blog--but snag the word "OUR" for your phrase! Make sure you leave me some love so that you will be in the running to win some of the fabulous candy offered by our sponsors this week!

BEFORE YOU GO...
You all know I like a good party, so let me make this one even sweeter! I have some scrummy candy to give away in addition to what you can win on the Paper Sundaes blog! Want a chance to win a $20 gift certificate to Paper Makeup Stamps??!!! Just add your name to the blue frog and leave me some love—maybe telling me what YOUR favorite paper crafting technique is!

If you get lost, check out the list of participants here...


Paper Sundaes
Wendy
Tracy
Pattie
Lisa--You are here!
Karina
Gloria
Fiona
Danielle
Crystal
Alica
Shana
Christine
Paper Sundaes



Photobucket
Card Details
Stamps:
Oo-La-La (Paper Makeup Stamps)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Paper: CS-Sage Shadow, Blushing Bride (Stampin Up), White (Georgia Pacific); DP- "Olivia" paper pad (Basic Grey)
Fibers: white lace (By Yard at Walmart), Sheer pink ($1 bin at Walmart)
Accessories: adhesive pearls, fabric flower, foam tape (Scotch)
Tools: "Parisian" border punch (EK Success), Big Scallop Ovals LG & Classic Ovals LG Nestabilities (Spellbinders), "Polka Dots" 5 x 7 embossing folder (Cuttlebug), Cuttlebug machine

96 Words of Love:

Marilyn Webb said...

Beautiful card, loved that you paper pieced it.
hugs Marilyn

Tracy V. said...

This is great Lisa!! Love the paper piecing and sentiment!!!! Tracy V

Jenny said...

I think that my favourite technique has just become paper piecing. Such and inspirational card! Jenny B

goldie said...

I love this card....:))))

Cassie said...

I made a card with just that paper yesterday, but haven't posted it yet. Your card is wonderful with that lace behind it. . .so inventive. Thanks for the chance at some great blog candy :D

Anita Hovey said...

Lisa this is just adorable. It made me smile...love the peeking corset on the inside and that plaid is fabulous...I seem to have a thing for plaids recently.

Tami said...

You did a great job with the paper piecing. I do not have the patients for the cutting. I guess my fav technique is just coloring with copics.

Tine said...

I see exactly what you mean about the image asking for embellishment. Love what you've done with it. Great card, and thanks for the opportunity to win the candy too.
Tine :)

Josie0602 said...

Your card is just stunning! I love the colors in it and the paper pieced image is wonderful!! My favorite technique is stamping although I really need to have lessons!!

Shana said...

Lisa I love it! This is one of my favorite Paper Makeup Stamps! The inside is truly beautiful too!

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

Love it Lisa!!! I really need to get that image!! :)

Addii said...

Gorgeous card...

Alexis said...

love the corset and what a fab sentiment!! Great color combo!!

newfiecrafter said...

Beautiful card great job with the paper piecing .
Thanks for a chance to win
Marilyn

Tammy (LaDiva) said...

I love love this card and the sentiment! Fabulous!!! Thank you xx

Hopping along :)
Tammy

Jenn Joncas said...

I love your card Lisa!! It's perfect for a girlfriend going through a rough patch. I really like the look of paper piecing, I don't do it nearly enough though.

Caroline said...

Love your card - colours are great and love the paper piecing. Perfect sentiment too! :-)

Lorie said...

Oh, goodness! This is so cute! A favorite technique. Ummm...I don't know. I like to try new things but I don't often do things more than once so I don't know...sorry I can't be more specific!

Myzdamena's World said...

Gorgeous paper piecing! Not so much a technique but something that seems to be appearing on all my cards are sticky gems.. I think I'm addicted lol

xxxx

Pattie said...

Oh this is so super sweet! I love that little lace peeking out from the corset and the plaid makes it even more cute!

Lisa Kind said...

This is so cute! I love the paper pieced corset...so pretty with the lace trim! Great layout too! I didn't add my name to the list cause I'm pretty sure I own everything from that store! LOL!!!!

Netty said...

Love your subtle colours. Great card. Thanks for sharing. Annette xx

dmbennett said...

Great Card Lisa. I really like the plaid paper and colors you used to paper piece. Love the little bit of lace that you used on the corset, such a great touch.

Angie said...

Love how you stamped the image on the dp! Haven't done that in quite a while. Great technique and it really brings that image to life.
Angie

alicaz said...

So cool, Lisa! Love how you used the lace around the image! Love the colors too!
Happy Sunday!

Margreet said...

this is so fab Lisa....love your paperpiecing of that great corset....i haven't a fav technique
xxx Margreet

Jami {sgtStamper} said...

This is gorgeous Lisa! Love the coordinating corset with the background!! :) And the sentiment done on the inside is adorable!

Crystal said...

FABULOUS Lisa! I love the lace trim on the corset great idea!!

Mary J said...

OMG, amazing card!

Linda said...

What a gorgeous card, you did a great job.My favorite technique is color with my Derwents and 3D.
hugs Linda

Stephanie said...

Your card is fantastic, I love to paper piece too.

Frea said...

Hi Lisa, love this papier pieced card. I've been telling myself I have to trie this too but just haven't come round to it. Very inspiring hun! Hugs, Frea

Fiona said...

Lisa...fabby card...did you medel that on me?? LOL!!

Fi
x

Glo said...

Your card is so nice!!

Tiara Moore said...

This is a great card! I always admire paper piecing on cards, but I've yet to try it. It's on my to-do list!

Crafty Engineering said...

Beautiful card Lisa...you are right this definitely does beg to be paper pieced!

Carisa said...

i love how you added that touch of lace peeking thru!! i'm going to have to try that with the fabulous unity stamps i just got! i love your paper piecing and i love paper piecing as well. my fav technique....gah, is coloring a technique? cuz i sure do love to color! *hugs*

Martinas Welt said...

Great card! Paperpiecing is cool! I love that too.
Martina

auntbeespickles said...

Hi Lisa, what a darling card! You are so right with the paper piecing. What a great idea then you don't have to worry about the coloring matching perfect because they do! =) Great creativity!

Christine - Cndn Stamper said...

Gorgeous card. Love how you match the inside and the out.

Wanda Cullen said...

Love your card with the 'support' sentiment! Too fun! I'll have to say I'm doing a lot of paper piecing lately...especially on the Pure Innocence images that I'm currently in love with!

deesdesigns said...

Awesome paper piecing and I especially like how you also embellished the inside of your card!

Janet said...

wow fab card!
hugs

paperfun said...

I love the card and the sentiment.
As for a tip. My favorite "tool" is a bent paperclip that I keep on my desk to unclog glue and other bottles.

Mari Harpham

Jovita AKA Tia Goofy said...

super card,love the paper piecing!

Beverly S. said...

You did an awesome job with your stamping and paper piecing....Love the corset (but wouldn't want to "wear" it....How did those women endure those things ages ago?) Wink. :) Pretty card!

EELS said...

Super clever card has inspired me to tackle one like it.

EELS said...

Not sure my previous comment actually got here as I cannot see it.
But very clever card, love it.

Lori said...

Lisa, this is gorgeous. I love the color combo... I would leave it out on my table all the time so I could use it always! :)
Thanks for the chance to win your blog candy.Oh, and my favorite technique would have to be embossing!

JLJ Designs said...

Fabulous card! I love the plaid corset with the lace.

Jennifer

Emily Keaton said...

What a darling card! My favorite technique is watercolor painting with inks. Makes me feel so happy!

LouDotMac said...

What a darling card!! Such an inspiration to me who loves paper piecing too. At the moment I'm working on a card with a Pure Innocence Stamp - Umbrella. Her umbrella is perfect for paper piecing. Heat embossing comes a close second for me.

Thanks for the chance to win some candy! :D

Lou Mac. xo

Tiiti said...

So absolutely gorgeous! I love the colors and the is just so fabulous.

kc71595 said...

Fabulous card! TFS!

Gwendolyn said...

Such a fun card!

Hugs Gwendolyn

Deanne @ Three Trees said...

I am the exact same way! If I don't have the right colored marker - I will always paper piece. Great minds think alike :)

Deanne :)

Deanne @ Three Trees said...

I also wanted to add - love your card. The paper piecing and added lace are beautiful!

Deanne :)

cathylynn said...

I love how you did this card. Wow that paper piecing is terrific!!! Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

Karen said...

I'm not sure what paper piecing is but I love the corset...great colors

Melissa Bove (SCS ~ Melissa1872) said...

Oh, what a sweet card! I ♥ it! Love the colors! My favorite technique is making the card looked aged and distressed. I love the shabbiness of it!

Anita said...

Beautiful card. I love paper-piecing and yours looks fantastic. Love that pretty paper too.

Julie said...

Lovely card, and lovely colours!

*Alison* said...

This is adorable.. your colors are amazing.. my fav. techniques are paper piecing and distressing.. thanks so much for the chance to win..crossing fingers and toes. :) HUGS

Jeannie said...

This is a hoot and I love, love the lace you added! My favorite technique is coloring with markers - I'm totally addicted!

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

Lynne in NI said...

ohhh your card definately would give anyone a lift! Gorgeous colour combo and your lacy bits are ever so pretty!

Tash Daly said...

I love this card,love the lace you've added to the corset fabulous idea. The sentiment is also really cute, I must get myself one of these. As for the paper piecing, I have never tried it and must do so. My favorite technique is distressing. Thanks for the opportunity to win your candy. All the best :-)

Becca Fabozzi said...

WOW, your card is just gorgeous; That stamp set is so delish, just to die for!!!! Thank you so much for sharing your creativity, and the chance to win

Norma said...

A very cute card. I like the soft colours. Gorgeous DP's and love the clean look of the card.

Hugs.
Norma

Маги said...

Beautiful card!

Carrie said...

totally scrummy card love the colours and everything!!

Hmm my fave... nope can't pick I love to try everything lol..

darling Ho said...

This paper piecing is just perfect!!

Lisa aka Myran said...

Wow Lisa, this is fabolous! I like papper piecing too :)

Dot said...

Happy Birthday
Such a lovely card! I love paper piecing.
hugs Dorte

Brook said...

Great card. Love the paper piecing and the lace running across the bottom. Great to put the stamp on the inside too. Love it! I'm not sure if you'd call it a technique or not, but I like to add Stickles to pretty much everything. For me it seems that there's nothing a little sparkle can't fix. Thanks for the chance to win!

Stacie (craft-princess) said...

Fab paper piecing! Such a lovely card! My fav technique is embossing!

Cor* said...

BWwhahaha. I almost spit my coffee all over my computer when I saw your card! IT IS PERFECT! Love the paper piecing!!! LOVE IT!! TFS- fave. paper crafting technique? distressing probly! I LOVE my Tim Holtz distresser!

MyAuntKath said...

This is a cute card! I love those colors! Kathie

Lorraine said...

fab card i love the sentiment too xx

Sharon Peele said...

lisa, I love your paper piecing of the corset!! Now that's a stamp I would like to have!! and you can't get enough of your color combo, it's beautiful!!
I guess my technique I love to use is embossing and glittering!!

Carla aka scrappypug said...

Boy I could use a lift! Adorable card. Love it!

Shelby Goolsby said...

So Cute!! I don't know how you got that tiny lace on the corset but it is adorable!!

☼ Cheryl* said...

The colour combo is fab! I can see why you would use it again.
I don't really have a favourite crafting technique! Depends on how I am feeling when I am crafting.

Crafteezee said...

You've just reminded me how fab paper piecing can be. Thank you. Gorgeous. Hugs Tracy x

Anne said...

What a fab check corset!
My favourite technique is to dry emboss, at least it is this week! So many ideas, never enough time :)
Anne
x

Katarina said...

Absolutely stunning card. Love the paper you've chosen and the little lace detail on the bodice in fabulous.

Alyssa S said...

Saucy! Love the lacy trim you added...just adorable!

Whisper said...

Ooo fabby image and papers, Luv Sam x

Kylie said...

What a fantastic card! I love the pieced corset and the lace is a fabulous touch!
Thanks for the chance to win too - my fav technique (at the moment anyway!) is paper tole :)
Hugs
Kylie

Pauline C said...

Fab card Lisa - very funky and would make anyone smile ! Thanks so much for this blog hop - great fun!
Pauline x

Linda said...

Love your card and how you have added the lace around the top and bottom of the corset!!

~Jeri~ said...

Oh my gosh I love this!! I will have to CASE this for my sister, she needs a little "lift" lol

My favorite paper technique..hmmm I love to make 3D projects with paper.

Ginny said...

I am so going to have to get the corset set soon! I love this card!

Gloria Stengel said...

I love this! Very cool. I have a different corset stamp but have not used it yet. Now I am inspired!

ES said...

Love the paper piecing- I'm going to have to look into this technique!

Made by Mandy said...

Cool card, perfect for one of close lady friends.

Thanks for giving us the opportunity to win prizes on your 1st Birthday blog hop

Susan's crafty chaos said...

Beautiful card! I'm so pleased the hop was extended; I already made a card but hadn't had time to do the hop until now :D
And my favourite technique is probably digital paper piecing, I love it although I don't actually use it that much :)

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps