Wednesday, January 05, 2011

I'm feeling a bit Moody for France...PMS January Release Day #4


Today we get to give you ANOTHER clue as to our theme for the January release. Yesterday you saw a delightful little fairy named Cosette (hint #1)...Today is our MOODY GIRLS sneak peak and we have two new Moody's joining the family. Moody for Reading and Moody for France (Hint #2!)

These are both adorable ladies, and though I was a bit anxious to use the Moody I was assigned, I'm VERY happy with my end result. Here is a look at Moody for France...


I was totally inspired by THIS AWESOME CARD by fellow Makeup Artist Dawn Mercedes. She is so talented with her watercolor images and something about this card just said "CASE ME!" LOL! So I stamped Moody for France (using Ancient Page) onto Kraft Paper (aka. Crumb Cake) and then pulled out my ORIGINAL coloring medium...my watercolorpencils! They were my first love when it came to coloring images (pre-copics) but I hardly use them...but once again I remember why I LOVE using them. This was the first time I've used them on Kraft and I'm in LOVE! Gives everything a more earthy feel. Not to mention you don't have to worry about BLEEDING! I used a mix of all three of my watercolor pencil sets to do this image. The colors were inspired by CC298: Chocolate Cherry Crumb Cake. I don't have a Cherry Cobbler pencil, so I just used one of my darker red pencils.

I kept all my embellishments to a minimum to matain the simple one-layer feel and am very happy with my final result.

Oh and see that adoreable little sentiment??? You will have to come back {TOMORROW} to learn more about that (hint #3!)!

Want to see more Moody for France? Check out what Katie, Andrea and Ginger did with her! We all went in VERY different directions with our cards!

Curious about Moody for Reading? Go visit Tina, Dawn or Stephanie!

Want to skip hopping around and see them all in one place? Just go visit TODAY'S POST on our PMS Blog---and while you are there make sure you leave a comment to be entered to win the ENTIRE JANUARY RELEASE. The winner will be drawn at our release party on January 7th. The party is from 9-11 EST in our FORUM and we would love for you to join us!

Tomorrow we are sharing what the January Card Kit has in it...and you get to see the official *theme* of this months release...in case you haven't already guessed it!

For Challenges:
1. Woodware USA #8: Something New (new stamps!)
2. CC298: Chocolate Cherry Crumb Cake
3. Sew Many Challenges #38: New Things (new stamps)
4. The Crazy Challenge #48 :All things new (new stamps)
5. Aly's Sunday Challenge #32: Anything Goes
Photobucket
Card DetailsStamps: Moody for France (Paper Makeup Stamps)
Ink: Onyx Black (Ancient Page)
Coloring: Watercolor pencils; blender pen (Stampin Up)
Paper: Kraft/Crumb Cake (Stampin Up)
Accessories: chocolate ruffled ribbon (the ribbon boutique)
 

10 Words of Love:

alicaz said...

so pretty! Love Moodies and this one is no difference! Your card is really stylish - love the white outline around the image!

Lionelsa said...

Simple, but very elegant.
Thanks for joining us at The Crazy Challenge!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Great card! Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!

Danni said...

Wonderful card!

Stephanie Zito said...

Wow! Love it Lisa!

Carma said...

Fantastic Lisa! I love it!!

Joanne (jojot) said...

sweet CAS....thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends

redwasher1 said...

Fabulous card!!
Thanks for sharing it with us at Speedy's Friends.

Nancy said...

Wonderful card, Lisa! You have a prize waiting at the Woodware USA blog, so be sure to check it out! Thanks for playing along with us at Woodware USA this week!

Cheryll AW said...

Simply charming! Great watercolor pencil work. Perhaps the theme for this set is TRAVEL, since the Moodies all seem to be going or coming from somewhere.

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps