Sunday, January 09, 2011

Fly away with me...to Sentimental Sundays!

It's time for another Sentimental Sundays Challenge! This week we want to see THINGS WITH WINGS...it could be butterflies, fairies, birds...or even airplanes! Just make sure that whatever it is...it has wings and that you use a sentiment as always.

I pulled out a new stamp and new paper for this challenge and I just love how it turned out!


This beautiful sprite is Coriander--one of the beautiful Sweet November Stamps by Amy Young. Isn't she just exquisite? I snagged her as part of the buy 2 get one free sale that Paper Jewels was having...but she's not available there anymore (due to an AWESOME closeout sale!!)...but you can find her HERE at 7 Kids College Fund. She was such a dream to color. I pulled out my watercolor pencils (yes, again!) so I could get some good shading and blending. Her dress was paper pieced from this awesome paper by Reflections--from the Indian Summer line. This piece is called "Big Sky". The green coordinates and is called "Down in the Valley". I used the sketch layout from this week's GET SKETCHY #69 challenge. It just worked delightfully with what I had in mind.

The sentiment is from the Birthday Cheer set by Paper Makeup Stamps and the flourish is from a random flourish set I bought WAYYYY back when I first got started. I added some glitter to the flourish and to Coriander's wings for my extra bling.


Now it's your turn! What will you create with wings for us to see? Upload your NEW creation to our Linky Log on TODAY'S POST! Use the tag sentimentalsundays37 if uploading to SCS so we can find your creation!

For Challenges:
Get Sketchy #69
Card Makin' Mommas #9: Girls Havin' Fun
Card Details
Stamps:
Coriander (Sweet November), Birthday Cheer (Paper Makeup Stamps), Flourish
Ink: Onyx Black (Ancient Page), Chocolate Chip (Stampin Up)
Coloring: watercolor pencils w/blender pen
Paper: CS-Very Vanilla, Chocolate Chip (Stampin up); DP-"Blue Sky" and "down in the Valley" from Indian Summer (Reflections)
Accessories: "Stardust" and "Waterfall" Stickles, silver trim, "Parisian" edge punch (EK Success), foam tape, adhesive gems

11 Words of Love:

Tracey said...

Beautiful card Lisa, I love the sparkle :)

Have a great week!
Hugs
Tracey
xx

Danni said...

Pretty and sparkly! Thank you for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

This N That said...

Hello, miss b!! So glad to see you!! Love your card! Your style is always so inspiring! Thanks so much for your continued support of the card makin mamas!

PapierGirl said...

So pretty - she looks magical! Thanks for joining us this weed at GS! :)

lizzie said...

this card is so sweet! but i always love your cards!!!

Michelle VP said...

Oooh, this is beautiful Lisa! And right up my alley - I love things with wings! :) Love all the sparkle and papers and shading on your card. So happy you joined us at Flutterby Wednesday this week. :)

Cheryl said...

Gorgeous card! I love the paper piecing

Tameko said...

Beatiful card. Great job on sketch, fairy,and sentimen choice!

MommaJess said...

Oh Lisa this is so very pretty. I love the paper piecing you did on the dress. Thanks for playing along with our Girly Challenge over at Card Makin' Mamas! Its CMMers like you that made this all possible.

Good luck and I hope to see you next time.

Jess

Sprytebyrd said...

Hey, Lisa! Gorgeous card, sweetie! So glad to see you in the CMM groove! :O)
Thanks so much for playing along with the Card Makin' Mamas on our Girly Challenge! Good Luck!
Hugs! Dee Sprytebyrd's Spot

yyam said...

Oh! How sweet is this! I love the fairy and all the glittery bits! :)

Thanks for joining us at Get Sketchy...so glad you did! :)

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps