Monday, December 20, 2010

You Light up My life

This week's challenge for Sentimental Sundays is...INSPIRED BY A SONG. Create a project or card which has been inspired by a song (include a sentiment) and then post your creation on our challenge blog for this week.

My project today was inspired by a couple songs: You Light Up My Life and Heaven (Candlelight Version).

I am seriously in love with the Stamping on a Candle technique! It is so easy and you can make such adoreable creations! This candle features one of the AWESOME image stamps in the Dandy Wishes set by Paper Makeup Stamps. I love this little heart dandelion! The sentiment is also by Paper Makeup Stamps from the Little Moments tiny sentiment set.

I colored the dandelion hearts and stem with my Stampin' Up Markers before putting it on the candle and then added some Stickles to each heart once it was done. I did the sentiment AFTER the image was done and the Stickles were dry.

If you haven't tried this technique yet, don't be scared! It's super easy!

I hope that you will play along with our challenge this week at Sentimental Sundays...and hopefully you will go see what my fellow Sentimental Design Team members came up with for their projects--and snag the freebie sentiments for this week!

For Challenges:

Photobucket
Project Details
Stamps
: Dandy Wishes and Little Moments (Paper Makeup Stamps)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Coloring: Melon Mambo and Old Olive (Stampin' Up markers)
Accessories: white pillar candle, "Stardust" Stickles, white tissue paper, wax paper
Tools: heat embossing gun, scissors

3 Words of Love:

Carma said...

Soooo pretty!! Great technique and I love the sparkles.

Josephine said...

Oh, that's lovely!

Thanks for joining us at One Stitch at a Time this time.

Hazel (Didos) said...

WOW this is so sweet. I love it. Thanks for playing along on OSAAT this week Hazelxoxo

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps