Sunday, December 19, 2010

Simon Says...Cut it Out!

It's Sunday and that means it's time for another Paper Sundaes Challenge! This week's challenge is "Cut It Out!" We want to see some of your fancy cutting on your images--maybe cut it all out or just portions of an image--get out those scissors and Cut It Out!

Our sponsor this week is the fabulous one-stop-online-shopping store Simon Says Stamp!
Photobucket
This site is a wonderful place to find nearly all your papercrafting supplies--from stamps to crafting tools to embellishements and more! This fabulous site is offering up a gift certificate to one randomly drawn participant!

I kept it simple for this week's challenge--but less is more sometimes, right? Winter Charlotte with Cat is the beautiful image that I used this week. It's one of my Whiff of Joy favorites for this time of year! I colored her with Copics using a new (to me) shading and I really like it! See her boots? I finally got them right! LOL! I popped her up with dimensionals on the white diecut oval after first stamping it with this lovely sentiment! This sentiment is from the set Snow Happy by Paper Makeup Stamps and just perfect for this image!

It's hard to see in the larger shot of the card, but I dry embossed the patterend paper with the Snowflakes embossing folder by Cuttlebug.

It adds a nice texture to the already gorgeous paper. As for my bling...I have a snazzy silver thread sheer ribbon, Clear Spicca pen crystals on the "Friends", crystal gems and of course Icicle Stickles on her muff and Stardust Stickles on her hat. Just the right amount of bling for a simple card!

You can find this image, Stickles, Spellbinders set and Embossing folder all on the Simon Says Stamp website! I TOLD you it was a one-stop shopping site!

I hope that you will go check out today's post so you can see what my fellow Sundae Girls decided to "cut" for this challenge! And then, it's your turn--just upload your "Cut it Out" creation to our challenge blog...and this challenge is running for TWO WEEKS so you have plenty of time to share your creation with us!


Photobucket

Card Details
Stamps:
Winter Charlotte with Cat (Whiff of Joy); Snow Happy (Paper Makeup Stamps)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento), Tempting Turquoise (Stampin Up)
Coloring: Copics (B000, B00, B01, B02, C1, C3, C5, C7, C8, BV02, BV04, E00, E21, R00, R20, Y21, YR23, W1, W3, W5, 0)
Paper: CS-Lovely Lilac (SU), White (Georgia Pacific); DP- "Floric purple Paisley" (Paper Studio)
Accessories/tools: Cuttlebug Machine, Classic Ovals LG (Spellbinders), "Snowflakes" embossing folder (Cuttlebug), sheer blue w/silver ribbon, adhesive crystal gems, "Icicle" and "Stardust" Stickles (Ranger), dimensionals, scissors, "Clear" Spicca Pen

3 Words of Love:

Crystal said...

I love this Lisa, & firmly agree that sometimes less is more! I absolutely love your embossed background & didn't realize it from the larger picture. It must look even more fabulous in person! Hope you & your family have a Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!

Christine aka blankiefinder said...

Love this, Lisa! It's gorgeous! Beautiful colouring and love the colour scheme.

Jami {sgtStamper} said...

your coloring and shading is beautiful on this Lisa!! And I love that sweet image!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps