Sunday, December 26, 2010

Sentimental Sundays Challenge #34: Oh Baby!

Well it's the day after the most anticipated day of the year...time for things to get back to *normal*...whatever THAT is! LOL! If you have a moment of time today, how about checking out this week's challenge for Sentimental Sundays? We have a new year coming up...and usually, we represent the New Year with a baby...so our challenge for you this week is to make projects/cards using the theme of BABY! And as always, make sure you include a sentiment...

As you can see, I went with totally atypical baby colors...in fact this is a NEW color combination for me...and a NEW COLOR for me as well! I pulled out this warm and toasty paper from my Pyrus Basic Grey pad and after checking it with my SU colors, learned that the blue which matched it the best was Not Quite Navy. Can you believe I've never used this color in my crafting before? But I'm in love! I love how it's a mix of turquoise and navy. Very yummy! I paired it with Crumb Cake (aka Kraft) for a very boy friendly baby card.

The image is the cute little bear from the set Oh Baby by The Greeting Farm--he was a DREAM to color when stamped on the Kraft paper. I love the warmth it gave the brown tones! This sentiment is by Paper Makeup Stamps and one of my faves for baby themed cards.

yes, I know that the ribbon is a bit more golden then the colors on the card, but I didn't have the ribbon I really wanted to use...so this was my second choice. And how about that random button? It was an exact match to the Night of Navy!

The layout for this card was the sketch SC312--I just turned it on it's side.

I hope that you will play with our Sentimental Sundays challenge this week! Upload your creation and then link it to our Mr. Linky on today's post. If uploading to SCS or PCP, make sure you add the tag sentimentalsundays35.

Pull out some of the new goodies you received and Happy Craftin'!
Photobucket
Card DetailsStamps: Oh Baby (The Greeting Farm), New Baby (Paper Makeup Stamps)
Ink: Night of Navy (SU) and Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Coloring: Copics (E35, E37, E43, E51, E53, W00)
Paper: CS-Crumb Cake, Night of Navy (SU); DP-Pyrus paper pad (Basic Grey)
Accessories: twine, ribbon, button
Tools: Cuttlebug, "Seeing Spots" embossing folder

6 Words of Love:

Dorcas said...

I love this. This is so sweet!

alicaz said...

wonderful card! Love the non-baby colors - they work so well with the image ;)

Shirl said...

Super super cute image Lisa, isn't it great when you try something different and it all comes together perfectly.
Hugs Shirley x x

MrsK said...

hey lisa! totally sweet card and your image is super cute! hope you had a good xmas! hugz xxx

Tameko said...

Hi Lisa, Love your card. Great image and sentiment. I like your ribbon.

Cheryl said...

Oh cute, cute, cute!

Happy New Year!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps