Friday, December 24, 2010

Makeup 4 the Weekend #54: Thankful

It's hard to believe it's already December 24th. Where HAS this year gone to? I hope you all have a safe and wonderful weekend with your family and friends!

Most of you are going to be receiving some FABULOUS goodies this weekend...which makes this week's Makeup 4 the Weekend Challenge #54 over on the Paper Makeup Stamps blog the perfect one for you to enter! This week's challenge is brought to us courtesy of Makeup Artist Anita Hovey! Anita's challenge for you is to make a Christmas themed Thank You card to thank someone for a present you received. If you don't celebrate Christmas, then feel free to adapt this challenge to fit what you are comfortable with.

I don't celebrate Christmas,  so I decided to use a Christmas color (Red) and make a generic Thank You card.

I used this week's sketch #121 from the Clean&Simple blog for my layout. I have featured beautiful Isabella...definitely one of my favorites in the Beautiful Day Fairy collection by Paper Makeup Stamps. I have paired her with a sentiment from the Everyday Thanks set also by PMS.

I ran the Real Red layer through my Cuttlebug using my Textile embossing folder. Isabella's dress has dabs of Clear Spicca on it to make it shimmer. The silver trim is something new that I found yesterday in the ribbon section at my Walmart. It's very pretty and delicate--perfect for a hint of silver! The colors I used are also this week's Color Combination #302
I know that many of you are going to get some fabulous new crafting goodies...maybe even some new Paper Makeup Stamps products...so why not play along? PMS stamps aren't necessary for our challenges...and you know you have Thank You's to do...so create and play with us! Upload your creation to Mr. Linky on today's post on the challenge blog. If you are uploading to a gallery like SCS or PCP, add the tag M4TW54 so we can find it!
Photobucket
Card Details
Stamps:
Isabella and Everyday Thanks (Paper Makeup Stamps)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Coloring: Copics (C1, C3, C5, C7, C8, E00, E21, E37, E47, E49, R27, R29, 0)
Paper: Real Red, Basic Black (Stampin Up), White (Georgia Pacific)
Accessories: Quasar Silver 1/8 trim (Offray), "Stardust" Stickles, "Clear" and "Red" Spicca
Tools: Cuttlebug, "Textiles" embossing folder, Standard Circles SM, Large Scallop Circles, "Parisian" border punch (EK Sucess)

2 Words of Love:

Dawn Mercedes said...

wonderful card...love that sketch!

Anita Hovey said...

OMGosh...this is so pretty! Thanks for playing along in my challenge :)

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps