Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Life is about vintage moments...

Well it's Wendesday and that means you all only have a couple more days to run around like headless chickens to get all your holiday things in order! Boy, I sure am glad I don't have to worry about that! LOL! Instead I get to enjoy a laidback week looking forward (or not) to the 6-10" of snow we are supposed to be getting this weekend! At least I don't have to go anywhere! I just get to enjoy being here with my boys and hubby with our soon to be installed woodstove (TOMORROW!) and stay toasty, eat lots of yummy things like CINNAMON ROLLS and fresh bread and crock pot BBQ beef. Ah yes. Delightful!

Here is a card that I was commissioned to make by one of my friends for her grandmother's 80th birthday. She requested vintage, pink/brown with a hummingbird if possible...so I pulled out my favorite vintage layout and stamp sets "Elements of Style".

The layout for this card is taken from a tutorial by Dawn Griffith (find it here) and I love the look of the distressing with those gorgeous roses. I added the hummingbird from the set stamped in Soft Suede--adding a tiny gem in the eye for a bit of shine. The flowers were colored with my Stampin' Up markers and once everything was done, I lightly sprayed the top layer with my Shimmer spray. Oh how I love the shine that gives an image!
I have two more cards to finish for this order--a simple image-free masculine birthday card and another copy of my card HERE. I'm hoping that the baby will let me finish these during my breaks from cooking today.

I hope you all have a delightful day and a safe holiday weekend! The weather is not looking good for very many of you in the US, so BE CAREFUL!!

For Challenges:

Photobucket

Card Details:
Stamps: Elements of Style (Stampin' Up)
Ink: Soft Suede, Chocolate Chip (Stampin Up); Onyx Black (Ancient Page)
Coloring: Pretty in Pink, Certainly Celery, Regal Rose and Creamy Caramel (Stampin Up Markers)
Paper: Pretty in Pink, Very Vanilla and Chocolate Chip (Stampin Up)
Accessories: sponges, brads, adhesive gem, "Frost" Shimmer spray (Tsukineko)
Tools: Cuttlebug Machine, "Labels 8" Nestabilities (Spellbinders), distressing tool, Slit Punch (SU)

2 Words of Love:

HappyCrafter said...

This is so beautiful! I've got that stamp set and think I'll have to pull it out and case your card :-) Enjoy this quiet relaxing time with your family!

Cheryl said...

This is so pretty!


Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps