Sunday, December 12, 2010

Let it snow...in anything but a square!

Happy Sunday to all my blogging friends! I hope that this weekend has been treating you very well! We are bracing ourselves for what they are calling an Artic Invasion...Does anyone else get a kick out of the various names that they give to the different storm systems that travel through? LOL!

I admit I cheated this week. I combined my design team samples for this week's Sentimental Sundays and Paper Sundaes challenges again!

This week's challenge for Sentimental Sundays is quite appropriate for this week's weather...our theme is "Let it Snow"! All you need to do to play along is make some kind of creation to go with this super simple theme...but make sure that you use a sentiment too! Just go to today's post and add your creation...you might get chosen by our DT to be one of the Top 3!!

Our challenge this week at Paper Sundaes is sponsored by the fantabulous Meljen Designs--one of my most favorite digi stamp designers! You can find Melissas's creations over at Whimsy Stamps in digi and a few in rubber! Want to win some free Meljen digis? This week's challenge is pretty simple...just make any kind of project...but it has to be "ANYTHING BUT SQUARE!" That's right...no squares...no rectangles are allowed anywhere with your project this week!!

Here is my "Let it snow" themed card that is "Anything but Square": 

I have used one of the adoreable new Meljen Designs digis called Penguin's Little Letter and made this cute little round card. I love my Eyelet Circle Nesties and the way they dress up any card! And this card was so simple to make! I diecut two Eyelet Circles--using the largest size--one in white and the other in Regal Rose. I scored the top of the white eyelet circle at 3/4" and then attached the two eyelet circles together using my Red Line tape. Then I just diecut the penguin using the largest circle in my Standard Circles SM set and attached it to the Regal Rose circle with dimensionals. Dabs of Stickles on the scarf, hat and snow added the bling I was wanting.

The "let it snow" sentiment is from the set Little Moments by Paper Makeup Stamps. I love that this whole set just has tiny sentiments--perfect for those smaller spots like this!

I hope you will go see what my fellow design team members created over at Sentimental Sundays and Paper Sundaes...and that you will play along with one or hopefully BOTH of these challenge blogs this week!

Photobucket
Card Details
Stamps
: Penguins' Little Letter (Meljen Designs); Little Moments (Paper Makeup Stamps)
Ink: Old Olive (Stampin Up)
Coloring: Copics (B000, C1, C3, C5, C7, C8, RV21, R11, Y21, YR23, W1, W3, W5)
Paper: Regal Rose (Stampin Up), White (Georgia Pacific)
Accessories/Tools: Cuttlebug machine, Eyelet Circle Nestabilities, Standard Circles SM, dimensionals, "Stardust" and "Icicle" Stickles, red line tape

8 Words of Love:

Dorcas said...

Great job, Lisa! I love these circle cards but never make them myself, what do you do for a hinge?
It's ok to cheat now and then, more people can enjoy your lovely creation!

Danni said...

Very cute!!

Crystal said...

Great card Lisa, love the eyelet circle scallop nesties & the glitter you added to this image makes it even cuter! Happy Sunday :)

Gloria Stengel said...

So cute! I love the glittery snow!!!

delightfuldaisy said...

He is PRECIOUS! Love how you dressed him up with the stickles! :)

Cheryl said...

So cute! I love how you colored this penguin.

Shana said...

Lisa I love the blue sparkly snow and pink trim! Your card is GORGEOUS!!

Tameko said...

Just adorable. Love the pink sparkle!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps