Thursday, December 16, 2010

It's my birthday!

I woke up this morning surrounded by love. I had my darling husband by my side, my baby boy on my chest and our squirly tenacious four year old son climbing on top of me. And they were all telling me "Happy Birthday"...okay, so maybe the baby didn't say it...but he smiled at me. That counts.

Yes, today IS my birthday. I know it might be shocking to some...but I'm 31 today. That always gets quite the reaction from people who've just met me. In college last year, I could silence a room...and then it would get filled with a lot of "shut up!" "Seriously?" "Prove it!" All of which just made my day! LOL! It really is true...when we are younger we can't wait to look older...but when we are older, we are thankful for looking younger! (giggle)

My second birthday present was opening the blinds to see SIX INCHES of fluffy white beautiful snow! There is something sun about playing in snow like that. I went to the mailbox and was just wishing we had a sled. I love sledding!

The bad thing about all the snow is that I can't go anywhere...and I've got gift cards galore to spend! But, I'm going to be good...and wait until the holidays are over and then hit some after Christmas sales to maximize my buying power--and to avoid all the last minute shoppers!

And the best thing about my birthday is that I get to do whatever I want! Can't go anywhere so I get to spend my day crafting and cooking! I do believe those are two of my most favorite things to do...with some reading in there. Nothing like eating a hot fresh cookie with a glass of milk...while reading a good book and watching the snow fall. Delightful!

Oh and before I forget...I'm putting together some goodies for some candy I will be offering soon. I didn't get it together in time for a Birthday Candy...so it will just be sort of a New Year candy...so keep checking back! I'll have it up and ready to go by the end of the month!

So now I am going to get off of here and go craft! That means I should have some projects to share very very soon...

Tootles!
Photobucket

2 Words of Love:

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Hope you have had a very Happy Birthday Lisa - it certainly sounds like you've had a perfect day of relaxation with your lovely family! Cookies and milk sounds good!!
Hugs, Sylvia xx

Christine aka blankiefinder said...

Happy Birthday, Lisa!!! 31 is still young, by the way :) :)

Sounds like a wonderful day, a day spent with a cookie, glass of milk, and a good book sounds absolutely perfect! No more snow though, we just had a bad snowstorm, and the roads are just horrid!! We've already got a winter's worth of snow, our dog is not impressed LOL

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps