Sunday, December 05, 2010

A Gift for Paper Sundaes

This is my SECOND post for today! Make sure you check out my post for this week's Sentimental Sundays Challenge!
I do have this week's fabulous Paper Sundaes challenge! Our challenge for you this week is to make something--and then GIFT IT! Yep, we want to see something that you are going to gift to someone else. Sure it could still be card, but why not try some of those matching projects like gift card holders, treatboxes, gift bags...or do like I did and try out the Stamping On a Candle project!
This was the first time that I've ever done the stampin on a candle idea and I'M HOOKED! This is my first creation. It actually worked right THE FIRST TIME! LOL! Amazing! My only thing I need to change is the ink. It's not dark enough for me so maybe my tissue paper was too thin...anyways, it was super fun and I see some serious potential in this project! I even added gems and Stickles to it! You can see it better in this next photo:
Because the candle theme was ivory and navy, I decided to mimic that theme in my card. The idea from this card from page 46 of my *BRAND NEW* CardMaker Magazine. I changed quite a few things, but loved the layout, so kept that the same. The sentiment is by Verve and is from the set Blue Skies.

We hope you will join us in this Gift It Challenge! We are sponsored this week by the fabulous online store:
This is a wonderful site to snag a variety of popular brand name stamps like CC Designs, The Greeting Farm and more! And they carry an incredible line of supplies including Stickles like what I used on my candle...and those Stickles just happen to be ON SALE right now!

One lucky randomly drawn participant will receive a gift certificate to this fabulous store, so make sure you play along with us and upload your creation to TODAY'S POST! If you are uploading to SCS or PCP make sure to add the tag PSC47!

Make sure you go and see what gorgeous creations the other Sundae Girls created for this week's challenge!

For Challenges:
(Navy is the only color I used)
(Added embellishments to my card and to the candle)
(Embellished a candle to coordinate with my card)
Photobucket
Card and Candle Details
Stamps: Blue Skies (Verve)
Ink: Night of Navy (Stampin Up), Watermark (Versamark)
Paper: Very Vanilla and Night of Navy (Stampin Up)
Accessories: vanilla pillar candle, tissue paper, adhesive gems, "Stardust" Stickles, navy grosgrain ribbon, wax paper
Tools: embossing gun, "Parisian" border punch (EK Success)

5 Words of Love:

alicaz said...

Wonderful set! I think it came out great - love the stickles on the word "dance" - how did you manage to apply them so evenly?
Happy Sunday!

Danni said...

Very nice set!

Faye said...

Oh, this is gorgeous, thank you for sharing it at Cupcake. x

Crystal said...

Beautiful Lisa!! Love this set it's such a great idea. Thanks so much for the blog award too :)

Christine said...

Hi Lisa love this stamped candle great idea for the gems & stickles..thanks for stopping by my blog..I use Pinflare Glue gell to stick my flowers on with..not sure if you get it over the Pond..its just glue you use for decoupage so stays put..

smiles Christine xx

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps