Wednesday, December 29, 2010

A few CAS Krafty Birthdays

 I've been working on some clean and simple birthday cards with Kraft (aka Crumb Cake) as the primary color. I think that is probably my favorite neutral to work with because I'm a earthy tone kind of gal when it comes to crafting.

These two cards are almost identical using the same Basic Grey paper...but showcasing Not Quite Navy on one and Old Olive on the other. Gotta love simplicity for those last minute birthday cards, right?

This card features a pretty little tree stamp that I inked up for the first time on Monday night. I colored the stamp with my Stampin Up markers so I could get the variation in the picture. Don't you love little mushrooms? I decided to do it in Ruby Red and have that color be my accent. The darker leaves were dabbled with Stickles...just like the mushroom. Before cleaning the stamp again, I huffed it and stamped the inside of the card for a nice shadow scene.

The sentiment is a cute little Happy Birthday from my Birthday Cheer set by Paper Makeup Stamps.

There you have it. Some cute little 10 minute cards to keep on hand for birthdays...or really ANY time...just swap out the sentiment!

Challenge List:
(Card #3: 1 image, 1 sentiment, 1 embellishment (Stickles) and lots of space)
Photobucket
Card #1 and #2
Ink: Not quite Navy and Old Olive (SU)
Paper: CS-Old Olive, Not Quite Navy and Crumb Cake/Kraft (SU); DP-Pyrus paper pad (Basic Grey)
Accessories: Buttons, olive satin ribbon

Card #3
Stamps: Birthday Cheer (PMS)
Stamps: Woodland (Stampabilities Cling Rubber Stamps)
Ink: Ruby Red
Coloring: SU Markers (Ruby Red, Old Olive, Always Artichoke, Chocolate Chip)
Paper: Kraft/Crumb Cake and Ruby Red (SU)
Accessories: dimensionals, "Stardust" Stickles

7 Words of Love:

Ann said...

Great cards! I love the little scene you created on the last one!

Heather said...

These are simply gorgeous Lisa!!! I really do love the last. What a fun scene.

Thanks for celebrating with us at Freshly Brewed Challenges. Hope you and your family have a wonderfully blessed New Year

Anne said...

Wow, both are so CAS and elegant! Beautifully done! Thanks for joining the WWUSA challange!!

isu.alum said...

Love your CAS cards. My favorite is the green ribbon one. I love that color green. Thanks for playing in the WoodwareUSA challenge. Good luck!

Kerry
WoodwareUSA DT

Harriet Skelly said...

Love all of your CAS cards! Thanks for playing with us at WoodwareUSA!

tiggertastic said...

i really like the stle and simple lines of the first 2 cards, and the tree one is just perfect

fantastic make, love the images you have used, very creative

Wishing you a very happy new year

Sarah-Louise
Designing for: Creative Craft Crew, Crafty Purple Frog, Kenny K, Bearly Mind Designs

Pam said...

I just adore your card for the 365 Cards challenge - so beautifully done! Thanks for playing along with us :)

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps