Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Baby, It's Cold Outside!

As my favorite holiday song goes "Baby it's Cold Outside!"! We are still in the 20-30 degrees (f) range for our weather and that's just too cold for me! But on the positive side, it means I stay home and have WAY more craft time!

Here is one of the cards I did for a Holiday card commission. It features Penquin's Little Letter by Meljen Designs--newly released and available at Whimsy Stamps.

I just received this image today and I immeadiately printed it out! I had to use it and it was so much fun to color! I really worked hard on the whole light source thing for my shading AND worked to get the concept of coloring black with the "C's" down. I think it turned out really nice!

The color inspiration came from this weeks Color Combination Challenge #300 on Splitcoast...which was to pick an old color combo and use it. I went with CC124: Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose and Old Olive. It was a yummy combo and my new paper worked perfectly!

And in rare form, I even decorated the inside of my card! I used a layout that my friend Gloria used for one of her cards and I liked how it turned out. This sentiment is from the set Hugs And Kisses by Paper Makeup Stamps.
I am working on a card which coordinates with this one and I realised I need to invest in another pack of Pretty In Pink cardstock! Don't you hate it when you realise you only have like 2 pieces left?!

For Challenges:
(This is a seasonal card since I don't do Christmas)
(new paper, new image, old stickles)

Photobucket
Card Details
Stamps: Penguins Little Letter-Digi (Meljen Designs), Hugs and Kisses (PMS)
Ink: Old Olive (Stampin Up)
Coloring: Copics (B000, C1, C3, C5, C7, C8, R20, RV11, RV34, Y21, YG95, YG97, YR23, W1, W3, W5)
Paper: CS-Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose, Old Olive (Stampin Up), White (Georgia Pacific); DP-"Graceful Circles" Penny Lane (My Mind's Eye)
Accessories: adhesive pink jewels, olive satin ribbon, "Stardust", "Diamond", "Sequin" and "Icicle" Stickles (Ranger), dimensionals
Tools: Cuttlebug, Eyelet Circles Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Standard Circles SM Nestabilities (Spellbinders), "Snowflakes" Embossing folder (Cuttlebug)

9 Words of Love:

Dawn said...

Lovely colour combo. Thanks for joining us at OSAAT this week

Gemma said...

such a beautiful card! Thanks for joining in our challenge at One Stitch at a Time this week! Gemma :)
P.S. check out my yummy blog candy here, ends 12/12! :)

Brenda Brown said...

Such a beautiful card Lisa - I love how you have showcased that super cute image.
Thanks for sharing it with us at OSAAT this week.
luv {brenda} xox

Chrissie said...

Wow! What a beautiful project!
Thanks so much for joining in our Anything Goes Challenge at the Creative Card Crew this time!
Chrissie

HappyCrafter said...

Fabulous card! Your colouring is top notch, and I really do like how you finished the inside :-) Have a great weekend!

Chocolate Orange said...

Aww thats soooo cute !!

Thank you for sharing with us at OSAAT for our new stash/ old stash challenge. Good Luck !!

Choccy x

Tracy V. said...

Before I even clicked on your blog I having been singing "Baby, it's cold outside" in my head for about the last 1/2 hr, I can't get it out of my head!! LOL Worse part is, I have the "GLEE" version going on in my head. If you don't watch GLEE you wouldn't know what that meant, but anyways...I LOVE your card. I love the colors and the layout..it's just so cute!! The penguin is adorable!!

Denise @ kc242 said...

What an adorable card! Thanks so much for joining us at the creative card crew!
Denise
CCC-DT

Mary J said...

Really cute - I love it!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps