Saturday, November 13, 2010

Take Two with Childhood Sundays

Happy Sunday! We have been enjoying perfect 70 degree days here in NE Kentucky, but now it's turning cold and they are saying possible snow for this coming Thursday! But I won't be here to enjoy it! Nope, we are headed west to enjoy spending Thanksgiving with my family back in Washington state.

Today we have another fabulous challenge for you on the Paper Sundaes Challenge blog AND the Sentimental Sundays Challenge blog...and once again I was able to combine them into one creation.

This week's challenge (PSC44) for Paper Sundaes is TAKE TWO! We want you to chose at least TWO of the following and use them for your card: BLUE, EMBOSSING, PUNCHES AND RIBBON. Just choose at least two of those things and show us what you create! I chose to use ribbon and the color blue. This week's challenge is being sponsored by Belles 'n' Whistles. This fabulous company carries exclusive stamps designed by the fabulous Elizabeth Bell! Unfortunately I don't have any BnW stamps yet, so I went with one of the Elizabeth Bell stamps I do have. I paper pieced her to match the paper I was using since I didn't have any copics quite the right color. But I love paper piecing so I love how she turned out!

This week's challenge for Sentimental Sundays is "Childhood". I went with a beautiful sentiment by Paper Makeup Stamps. It's hard to read, but it says "Children hold our hands for a moment, but our hearts for a lifetime." I thought it went perfectly with this image. Make sure you create a card that goes with the theme of "Childhood" (using a sentiment too) and enter your creation for your chance to be chosen in our new Top 3 category!

I hope you will participate in one or both of these fabulous challenges! I look foward to seeing what you create!

Don't forget to check out my new Fabby Find Friday post and get entered to win!

Photobucket
Card Details
Stamps
: "Demure" by Elizabeth Bell, "Children hold our hands" (Paper Makeup Stamps)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento), Chocolate Chip (Stampin Up)
Coloring: Copics (E00, E21, E47, E49, Y21, YR23, C1)
Paper: CS-Bashful Blue (SU), White (Georgia Pacific); DP-Blue paper from stash
Ribbon: Chocolate ruffled ribbon (by the yard)
Accessories: button, embroidery floss, dimensionals, blue pearls (Kaiserkraft), white opaque pen
Tools: Cuttlebug machine, Sm Oval Nesties (Spellbinders)

11 Words of Love:

Fiona said...

pretty card Lisa...love the layout.

Fi
x

alicaz said...

Wonderful! Love the paper pieced dress and the sentiment too!
Happy Sunday!

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

A beautiful card Lisa - the paper piecing is perfection! Love the blue and brown colour combo. and the wonderful sentiment.
x Sylvia x

HappyCrafter said...

This is lovely! What a heartwarming image, reminds me of the colouring books we had as a child. Have a great day!

Annika said...

but your shading is wonderful!!! And I absolutely adore that fuffled ribbon with lollipop flower - delish!
Hugs
Annika

Christine aka blankiefinder said...

Wonderful card, Lisa! I love your ruffled ribbon and flower!

Crystal said...

Such an adorable card Lisa, love how you paper pieced her gown! BTW pop over to my blog and be sure to enter for your chance to win my blog candy :)

Cheryl said...

Beautiful! I love the paper piecing and the ribbon flower.

Tameko said...

Hi Lisa, this card is lovely. Love the ribbon and paper piecing!

Papertrails by a paper lover said...

I love your paper piecing on this card! So adorable! ♥ Amy

Gloria Stengel said...

She is so adorable. I just want to pick her up and hug her! Lovely work!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps