Sunday, November 07, 2010

A Snowy Sketch for Sunday

Happy Sunday! Did all of you American's remember to set your clocks back?? I always enjoy the time change in the fall because I get an extra hour to sleep!!! LOL!

Today is very exciting because not only is it the Paper Makeup Stamps Release Day Blog Hop {click here for my Hop Post}, but it's my first official week to be part of the Paper Sundaes AND Sentimental Sundays Design Teams! And as luck would have it, I was able to incorporate BOTH challenges into one card! I LOVE it when that happens!


This weeks Sentimental Sunday Challenge #28 is a {Sketch Challenge}! Just use the sketch (see it below) and incorporate ANY sentiment! Easy Peasy! You can find all the details HERE.

The Paper Sundaes Challenge #43 this week is "Let it Snow!" We want to see your best winter and snow creations! Our sponsor for the week is Stamp and Create--a great place to get all your paper crafting supplies! They carry a nice selection of some of the newest Whiff of Joy stamps--which I don't have...but I went with my favorite Whiff of Joy stamp that I do have. You can also find the Basic Grey paper, Nestabilities and Stickles on their site! There is a prize up for grabs for one random contestant...so go check out what my fellow Sundae Girls have created and get all the details!

Now let me tell you that I just adore the way this card turned out! I adore this Whiff of Joy image and the sentiment (from the set Snow Happy by Paper Makeup Stamps) just went perfect with it. I think my coloring is just dandy and I finally got my indoor photo system set up just right so I'm tickled pink with my picture! I used my new Die-Namics edge for the scallop and I love how it works...I'm going to need to get some more of those. I even like my quirky ribbon--did you notice that my button matches the kitty's bell? I just wanted a dab of that color on my card and the button was the perfect choice!

If you haven't already done so, go check out the my fellow design team members creations on the Sentimental Sundays and Paper Sundaes blogs...and then play along! I can't wait to see what you will create!

Photobucket


Card Details
Stamps:
Winter Charlotte w/cat (WOJ), Snow Happy (PMS)
Ink: Night of Navy and Old Olive (Stampin Up), Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Coloring: Copics (0, B39, C1, C3, C5, C7, C8, E00, E21, E35, E37, E47, E49, R20, YG95, YG97, W00, W01, W03, W05)
Paper: CS-Old Olive, Night of Navy (SU), White (Georgia Pacific); DP-"Oliver" 6x6 pad (Basic Grey)
Accessories: olive satin ribbon, navy grosgrain ribbon, button (SU), twine, "Diamond" Stickles
Tools: Cuttlebug machine, "Snowflakes" embossing folder (Cuttlebug),
"Open scallop border" Die-namics (MFT), "Labels 8" and "Eyelet Circle" Nestabilities (Spellbinders), dimensionals

21 Words of Love:

alicaz said...

So pretty! Great sketch, papers and your coloring is fantastic! Love the ribbons treatment too!
Happy Sunday!

Kimberly S said...

Wonderful card Lisa! The color combo is great, and that image is just darling! :)

Christi Snow said...

Lisa, I adore this card. It is so darn cute! smiles....

Anita Hovey said...

Fabulous card Lisa. Can't wait to see more of your work on both these teams.

Tracey said...

This is a gorgeous card Lisa, I love the green & blue colour tones :)

Have a great week!
Hugs
Tracey
xx

Shirl said...

The green and blue look stunning together and your colouring is truly beautiful.
Hugs Shirley x x

Fiona said...

beautiful card Lisa..love the colour combo and I love that scalloped edging...might have to look at those online!!

fi
x

Crystal said...

This is awesome Lisa! Love the colour combo & that scallop border is great. I love how you did the ribbon/button combo! Happy Sunday :)

Crystal said...

BTW....LOVE THE GLEE music!! I have almost all of it on my ipod

Christine aka blankiefinder said...

Lisa, your card is so gorgeous! I love your colour combo, and that image is adorable!

Papertrails by a paper lover said...

Snow will be here soon and your card reminds me, I need something to protect my hands! What a cute card! I love the double scallop edge you did. Looks fab!

Joanna K said...

Fabulous card Lisa, what a great take on the sketch! I really love the colour palette! :))

Cheryl said...

Really cute! I love the papers you used.

Patricia said...

Very cute Lisa well looks like you made a very pretty card with runing around with the kiddos. Thanks for the comment on The Beary Scrap ADT. It's nice to be able to still find time to make something with the little ones I actually gave up crafting for about 10 years I just couldnt find the time with 3 boys and working full time all I wanted to do in my free time was sleep.
~Patricia

HappyCrafter said...

Great job with the sketch, and your colouring is fabulous! Love the glitz!!

MrsK said...

This is soo pretty and cute!! i love it! xx

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Such an adorable image and wonderful colouring. The punched border is the perfect finishing touch - love it!
Hugs, Sylvia x

nicoleqmullen said...

I love this card Lisa, and the image you used is adorable!

Annika said...

That mock bow is a really great idea!! And I love the big scallop die - wonderful card!!
Hugs
Annika

Gloria Stengel said...

I adore the colors you used! So sweet!

Tameko said...

Just adorable. Nice details with the ribbon, & glitter. Wonderful coloring!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps