Thursday, November 04, 2010

Sneaking a little Twinkling Fairy



It's Day 2 for the November Sneaks for Paper Makeup Stamps and today it's all about the fairies and we have THREE new fairies...well, two plus a bonus...but the bonus goes with the two new fairies...but we are really releasing FOUR fairies...Confused??! Three? Two? Bonus? Four? What? LOL! Okay let me break it down for you. We have one fairy being released that was previously available only as part of a Makeup Kit. Then we have the three NEW images...They are themed and TWO of them are fairies and the third goes with them...

Now enough chatter and on with MY SNEAK! I'm sharing one of the NEW fairies:

Isn't she gorgeous? She's actually the Sugar Plum Fairy (Did you figure out the fairy theme with that clue??) but since I don't celebrate Christmas, I decided to use her for a more generic card. I was totally inspired by awesome paper I snagged last week at Hobby Lobby. I did the Feather Blending technique with my Copics to get her dress the way I wanted then added highlights in darker shades of the colors. For her wings I tried the technique of touching your Copic blender to the Copic color...it worked like a charm! And then came the bedazzling! I pulled out my Stickles collection and used THREE different colors to get her just the way I wanted. I stumbled across the ribbon in my ribbon jar and then after messing with it for about TWENTY MINUTES (seriously...I did) I just untied my bow and *viola* this idea came to me! I found my filigree brad pieces, added a turquoise jewelled brad (which you can't really see in the pic) and it was perfect!

But what to do about the space near her feet (Aren't her shoes awesome?! gotta love lavender glitter slippers!)?? I tried a ton of things and a ton of sentiments...but then I came across a sentiment that I had yet to ink up by Paper Makeup Stamps and adapted it for my purpose! Doesn't look familiar? I just inked up the last word of THIS sentiment and it was perfect! You can't tell in the top picture, but I went over the word with my clear Spicca pen because I HAD to twinkle it too! But I didn't stop there, I added the Spicca to the parts of her bodice that weren't Stickled so it was a light twinkle...you can see it all REALLY good in this picture I took in the sun outside...I totally want a dress JUST like this one!!! :)

For Challenges:
A Spoon Full of Sugar #128: Relish to Embellish
Card Makin' Mommas #9: Keeping it Simple
Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge #107: Anything that Flies

Now that you have truly been twinkled to the extreme, go back to the Paper Makeup Stamps blog and see what the other Makeup Artists have done with the Fairies for today!




Card Details
Stamps: Sugar Plum Fairy and "We Can't all be Stars" (PMS)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento) and Tempting Turquoise (Stampin Up)
Coloring: Copics (B000, B01, B02, BV02, C1, E00, E21, E35, E37, R20, V15, 0)
Paper: CS-Lovely Lilac (SU), White (Georgia Pacific); DP-"Floric Purple Paisley" (Paper Studio)
Accessories/Tools: Sheer ribbon, Filigree kit (SU), jewel brad, "Stardust", "Waterfall" and "Lavender" Stickles, "Clear" Spicca, foam tape

15 Words of Love:

Dawn Mercedes said...

she's darling...floating on air. wow!

Michelle VP said...

What a beautiful card, Lisa! I love your choice of papers and colors and most of all - your SPARKLE! :)

Randee E said...

Love the sparkley shoes! What a sweet card - reminds me of a dream :0)

Ginny said...

I love the colors and all the shimmer! Suuuuuper cute

Carma said...

This is gorgeous in blues and I love the ribbon and "bow". Looks just like a package for a lucky little girl.

alicaz said...

so pretty! I love all the sparkles and glitter!

Crafty Engineering said...

Oh I just love all that sparkle! Beautiful card Lisa!

Tracey said...

This is absolutely gorgeous!! Love this fairy!

Cheryll AW said...

The Sugar Plum Fairy is staged beautifully in blues and lavendars. She sparkles like the Christmas snow, always a favorite memory of past Christmases. Gorgeous card.

Cheryll AW said...

Beautifully framed scene for the spectacular Sugar Plum Fairy in blues and sparkles.

Lindsy said...

Totally beautiful! This card is seriously amazing!! I just love it =)

Stephanie Zito said...

Amazing Lisa! Love your choice of colors and dp! Your fairy is stunning! It really looks like she is floating! Beautiful card!

Toothy said...

This is my favorite card you have ever done, I love everything about it!

Toneloni * Tonje said...

Beautiful card! The image is so cute!! Love the colours!!!

Thanks for playing with the Sugar Ladies this week.

Hugs
Tonje

FibreJunky said...

First of all, I love what you did with the ribbon. Secondly, she's coloured beautifully. Third, gorgeous. Just gorgeous.

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps