Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Row row row your boat...

It's all about the manly men this week--or at least that's what seems to be the prevailing theme for many of the challenge blogs I check out. Since I can't seem to EVER leave a card free from sparkle, making a guy friendly card can be challenging for me.


I used a clean and simple layout for this card and featured stamps from the Paper Makeup Stamps set Sailing By. I really don't ink up this set enough, but it truly is a great set to keep for those masculine cards. I paper pieced the sails with some leftover Basic Grey scraps and then it came together like magic! Man, I love it when that happens!

For Challenges:
Sentimental Sundays #27 :Birthdays
Paper Sundaes #42 :For the Guys
Cards for Men #22 :Anything Goes
Anything Goes #23: The Letter B
(Birthday, Boat and Basic Grey)

Photobucket
Card Details
Stamps: Sailing By (PMS)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento), Night of Navy (Stampin' Up)
Coloring: Copics (YG95, YG97, B000, B39)
Paper: CS-Night of Navy (SU), White (GP); DP-"Oliver" (Basic Grey)
Accessories/Tools: Small Rectangles Nesties, sponge, Night of Navy buttons (SU), dimensionals (SU)

11 Words of Love:

MrsK said...

Hey Lisa

Totally sweet card!

HUgz xx

Michelle VP said...

What a fabulous guy card, Lisa! Love the paper pieced sails. :)

Lynne said...

Fab mans card. I always struggle with mens cards. Thanks for joing us over at AG this week. Lynne xx

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

Great card Lisa, I love the paper piecing and the sentiment is PERFECT!!! So glad to have you on the Paper Sundae's team! :) I'm looking forward to working with you. :)

Hugs,
Wendy

Tameko said...

Very nice CAS card. Great job on the paper peicing.

Cheryl said...

Wonderful card! I love the paper piecing.

Thank you for joining the Birthday challenge at Sentimental Sundays

~Cheryl~

Nannieflash said...

Fabulous paper piecing and your sentiment is fantastic. Thanks for joining us at CFM, good luck with the challenge. with hugs Shirleyxxx

Patricia St Martin said...

Great job paper piecing and I love your sentiment. Thanks for playing with us at cards for men. Good luck on the challenge.

sandra said...

Great card for a man, love the sentiment. Thanks for joining us at Anything Goes. Love Sandra x

Ann English said...

I really like this card! The paper piecing is wonderful. Thank you for joining us this week at Sentimental Sundays!

Christine aka blankiefinder said...

Lisa, this is so cute! What a great masculine card!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps