Sunday, November 21, 2010

Paper Sundaes are decorated with Paper Jewels

(This is my SECOND post for the today. Scroll down to see this week's Sentimental Sundays Challenge)
It's time for a new challenge on the Paper Sundaes Challenge Blog! We have been estatic by the overwhelming number of entries these last few weeks and I hope that this continues and just gets bigger! I really don't mind having to comment on your cards because I love seeing all the creations!

This week's challenge #45 is being sponsored by Paper Jewels this week. Paper Jewels is having a fabulous Buy 2 Get 1 Free sale and since they carry everything from CC Designs to the Sweet November stamps you really need to go check out the store--or at least get entered to win this week's Paper Sundaes challenge!

So what's the challenge? It's a very simple and lovely sketch (see below) by Design Team member Shana!
Here is my take on the sketch:

Goodness me. I seriously think I outdid myself this week! I am sooooo in love with this card! I don't know if it's the image (her bare feet are so freakin' cute!) or the colors, or just EVERYTHING! This image is called Bonnie and it's by Spesch--one of the stamp companies you can find over at Paper Jewels. In fact, the Spesch stamps are PRICED TO CLEAR! So head on over and get yourself one...or two...and then you get one free! That's what I did and it was sooo reasonable!

Anyways, I paper pieced Bonnie's dress and her stuffed bunny using coordinating DP to the striped piece. Then I used a new technique where I used my Copics to add shading to the paper piecing. Oh my gravy! Love this technique! I did it to her dress and the bunny! You should try it out if you haven't ever done it yourself.

Love my bow? I followed one of Amber Hight's (A Verve Diva!) tutorial's from YouTube. She makes phenomenal bows and has three videos on how to make them for yourself! It worked like a charm for me!

I decided to go with the turquoise for the rest of my embellishments pulling out some baubles I've had FOREVER and just forget to use. The sentiment was also done in turquoise. It is actually THIS SENTIMENT by Paper Makeup Stamps--I just stamped it one or two words at a time, in the position I wanted. I went over the heart of the sentiment and Bonnie's ruffles and sash with Stickles for my dab of bling.

I hope you will play along with our lovely sketch challenge this week and when you do, make sure you upload your card to the Blue Frog Linky on today's post. If you upload your card to Splitcoaststampers, make sure you add the tag PSC45!


And last but not the least...Don't forget to get entered to win my FABBY FIND FRIDAY goodie!
Photobucket
Card Details
Image:
Bonnie (Spesch), "you make my <3 happy" (Paper Makeup Stamps)
Ink: Temping Turquoise, Pretty in Pink (SU)
Coloring: Copics (Skin: E00, E21, R20; Hair: Y21, YR23; Dress for shading RV11, RV34; Bunny for shading YR21, YG95; Shadow: C1)
Paper: CS-Pretty in Pink, So Saffron (Stampin Up), White (Georgia Pacific); DP-"JR. Varsity", "Petals & Paisleys" (Stampin Up)
Ribbon: White grosgrain
Accessories: turquoise baubles, dimensionals, "Stardust" Stickles, white opaque gel pen (Uniball) 

14 Words of Love:

Danni said...

How precious! Such a pretty card!

Fiona said...

fab card Lisa and you have made an excellent job of the paper piecing...that bow is just awesome!!

Fi
x

Crystal said...

Such a sweet card, love the soft colours you used! Great idea to use the copic shading on paper piecing. I will definitely have to try that!

Berenice R. said...

Such a lovely card! :)

Shirl said...

Lisa yes you are right she is one cute, loveable little girlie and I love the sentiment. Paper piecing is one of my fave techniques also.
Hugs Shirley x x

HappyCrafter said...

Ah, this is so sweet and feminine, lovely card!

alicaz said...

So soft and pretty! Love the paper piecing!

mueppi said...

Lovely card with such a sweet image!
Hugs Gisela

Danderella said...

Lisa, great card. I love the paper peicing and how you sparkledup her bow. Fabulous.

Maria Matter said...

this is cuter than cute Lisa! love it!!!
hugs & blessings!

Gloria Stengel said...

I agree, Miss Bonnie is the CUTEST image EVER! And you made her look so soft and sweet! Love you card!

Rica said...

A lovely card, such a pretty image with lovely paper piecing and shading and gorgeous papers.

So glad you could join us at Copic Creations.
hugs Heather xx

mycardz said...

Awww, what an adorable card! Awesome job on this challenge too! So glad you could join us at Copic Creations! Thank you. hugz, Mary

Southern Charms said...

Sweet card! asela

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps