Friday, November 19, 2010

Makeup 4 the Weekend #50: Digi Paper and Wonky Ribbon

It's Friday! That means that I'm officially on my Thanksgiving vacation! Woohoo! I have lined up posts for while I'm gone, so fear not...I have not left you bereft!

Today is the start of a new Makeup 4 the Weekend Challenge over on the Paper Makeup Stamps blog. This week's challenge #50 comes from Senior Makeup Artist Tangii Crain. Tangii's challenge for us this week is to experiment with DIGI PAPER! And she wants you to dress that paper with ribbon...but using it in any way BESIDES the typical bow or knot. Hmmm...no bows. No knots. Now that alone is a challenge even without having to incorporate digi paper! But I think I managed to achieve the requirements for my card today.

I know, I know. Soooo not a typical Lisa card. It's not my normal muted colors...but I can go out of my box now and then you know! LOL! I found this digi patterned paper for FREE and really really like it! There is all kinds of free digi paper out there--most digi stores offer at least a couple designs...but I have found the best place to find free digi paper is HERE. This site collects an amazing collection of FREE images, embellishments and papers offered by various designers on their blogs. The paper I used comes from the designer Jaimee and she offers TONS of free digi paper packs! This set is is called Tropical Fresh and has two solids with 2 patterns. I saved it to my digi paper collection.
I chose to use the blue and green that is in the paper for my color theme. The paper was actually an exact match to Green Galore and Tempting Turquoise. I used my textured Green Galore cardstock for the base. Now this ribbon idea is...well, quite wonky actually. It's a version of the pleated ribbon idea that I discovered when checking out various YouTube tutorials. Mine was inspired by this tutorial by prettypinkposh. I made it using a random ribbon scrap I found in one of my jars--ironically the exact colors I needed! Man, I LOVE it when that happens!

A bit of chalking on this wonderful digi sentiment by Paper Makeup Stamps completed this most unusual card. I did do one more thing...but I don't know if you can see it in this picture:

I found the most AMAZING new product when I was at Hobby Lobby today. They not only have the Smooch sprays and the distress ink sprays but they have something called Sheer Shimmer by Tsukineko. It is a little travel sized spritzer of sparkle! Oh my gravy. Heaven! They sell a set of two sprays for just $6.99!! They had Frost and Sparkle, Gold and Silver, and Copper and Pewter. I totally went for the Frost and Sparkle and I'm seriously in love! I sprayed the whole front of this card with it and it just shimmers! I will be owning the other two sets before too long most definitely!!

I hope that you will play with us this week. Remember that all you need to do is use digi paper and ribbon in a way other than a bow or knot. No PMS product is required for you to play, so come play with us this week! But, if you DO have Paper Makeup Stamps images or word art, why not use it? If you do, you will be entered to win a FREE RUBBAH STAMP of your choice from the store!

I hope you will consider playing. Our challenge participant numbers have been down lately...and we'd love to have TONS of creations to look at! So play along and tell your friends! We love seeing new faces!

Just upload your creation using Mr. Linky on TODAY'S POST--and if you upload to SCS or PCP, make sure you add the tag M4TW50 so we can link you up!

Make sure you go see what some of the other Makeup Artists have created for our challenge today!

Photobucket
Card DetailsStamps: "True Friends" digi (PMS)
Paper: CS-Green Galore and Tempting Turquoise (Stampin' Up); DP-Tropical Fresh Digi Paper (Just Jaimee)
Ribbon: Turquoise w/lime double stitched grosgrain ribbon
Accessories: lime buttons, chalks (Pebbles inc)
Tools: Lg Square Nestabilities, Cuttlebug Machine

4 Words of Love:

Danni said...

Very pretty!

Carma said...

You're right, this is not typical for you but it's gorgeous!!! I absolutely love your ribbon!!

Christi said...

That ribbon treatment is AMAZING!!!

Tangii said...

You did a fabulous job Lisa!!!!!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps