Thursday, November 11, 2010

Just because I love you...

If you are like me, you LOVE it when your sweetheart in one of those rare moments remembers your birthday...or anniversary...or other special days that you enjoy together. My hubby is one of the rare breed of men who NEVER forgets important events! He even remembers the day we got engaged--and always sends me a little message of sorts. But yesterday...well, yesterday was actually nothing special. Just another day in our life together...and the day he comes home from work.

Because of the lousy job situation around here, he works and lives in Cincinnati, OH (2 hrs away) from Monday until Wednesday night. He puts in 40 hours in those 3 days...and then comes home and is home with us for the rest of the week...he's been doing this for about 4 years now...and it's not any easier for him to be gone now than when it was when he first started. But we manage because we know it's what we have to do right now. His job is WONDERFUL and his boss is WONDERFUL! So we take that blessing and make it work. But Wednesday's are always my favorite day of the week because I know he's coming home to us. Wednesday is...as my son christened it...DADDY DAY!

Last night he came home like normal and after welcoming him home, I went into the office to turn off the computer and tidy up so I could spend the rest of my night in his company...and while I was in there, my 4 year old came in and said "Mommy! You need to come into the kitchen! There is something on the counter for you..."

So intrigued I followed him and found...


I was speechless!

My hubby smiled and me and said...
"Just because I love you..."

My heart just wanted to burst with love and joy for this sweetheart of mine. I'm so very blessed and thankful that God brought us together...me the city girl from Washington state and he a country boy from Kentucky. We've made it work and make music every day of our lives...it's hard to belive that in just 20 days we will celebrate our 8th Wedding Anniversary! Time has just flown by...and God's given me the love of a wonderful man, the joy of a precocious 4 year old and the smiles of a chunky monkey 3 month old.
My life is full...so very full...and all because God looked down and decided to bless me with all of this...

"Just because I love you."
Photobucket

1 Words of Love:

Christine aka blankiefinder said...

Awww, what a sweet hubby you have, Lisa! I bet your dh gets as much quality time with your kids while he's there those 4 days, as other parents do that work full time :)

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps