Friday, November 12, 2010

It's a Surprise Baby Hop for Ginger!!

Surprise!

It's an online Baby Shower Blog Hop!! One of our dear Paper Makeup Stamps Makeup Artists Ginger Schwerin is adopting a baby boy and as she's busy getting ready for his arrival (go check out her nursery!!), we decided to honor her with a Surprise Shower from her fellow Makeup Artists! If you've been hopping along, you should have arrived here from Maria's blog...if you just got here and would like to experience this Online Baby Shower for yourself, then feel free to go back to the beginning at the Paper Makeup Stamps Blog...

So, Ginger were you suprised??? I remember how touched I was when everyone threw ME one for my baby, so I'm excited to be able to participate in this one for you, love!

 Here is the creation I have to share for you, Ginny...

I made a little Treat Box with a present for the baby. You can find the tutorial HERE on Splitcoast. I featured one my favorite childhood sentiments by Paper Makeup Stamps for the box. I'm thinking about taking off those buttons...now they are bothering me...LOL!

The card uses this week's Makeup 4 the Weekend Sketch Challenge (see it below) as the layout. I used the same paper as I did for the box and featured the cute little elephant for the focal point. The sentiment can be found HERE on the PMS store. This layout was hard for me to use, but I pushed through it! LOL!

I wish you the happiest of new adventures in mommy world. It's going to have it's ups and downs, but I promise that you will NEVER regret the ride!

I hope you had a wonderful online baby shower...I'm the last stop, so let me leave you with this:

If I had my child to raise all over again,
I'd build self-esteem first, and the house later.
I'd finger-paint more, and point the finger less.
I would do less correcting and more connecting.
I'd take my eyes off my watch, and watch with my eyes.
I'd take more hikes and fly more kites.
I'd stop playing serious, and seriously play.
I would run through more fields and gaze at more stars.
I'd do more hugging and less tugging.
~Diane Loomans, from "If I Had My Child To Raise Over Again"


Photobucket 

Gift Set Details
Treat Box:

Stamps: "A child enters your Life" (PMS)

Ink: Going Gray (Stampin Up)
Paper: CS-Textured white Cardstock; DP-Green gingham (stash), "Zoo Friends Mix" (Paper Studio)
Ribbon: 5/8" white grosgrain (By the yard)
Accessories: dimensionals, chalks


Card:
Stamps: "Congratulations on your new addition" (PMS)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Paper: White (Georgia Pacific); DP-Green gingham (stash), "Zoo Friends Mix" (Paper Studio)
Ribbon/Fiber: 5/8" white grosgrain (by the yard), twine
Accessories: button, dimensionals
Tools: Eyelet Circles Nestabilities, Cuttlebug Machine

9 Words of Love:

Anita Hovey said...

Great project Lisa! Love the treat box.

Michelle VP said...

How sweet, Lisa! That paper goes so well with her nursery and I love how you made a treat box to match. :)

Dawn Mercedes said...

Oh Lisa...what a perfectly wonderful way to end the hop! And that poem's message is perfectly true!

Crafty Engineering said...

Very sweet card and box! And what a beautiful poem to end the hop...one I should read everyday to keep myself in check!

Stephanie Zito said...

Oh my Lisa! Great projects!!!! I love your color scheme and choice of dp! Thanks so much for playing along with my sketch this week! Have a wonderful weekend!

Randee E said...

Gorgeous card, gorgeous treat box, and LOVE the poem. What a sweet ending to the hop!

Carma said...

Lisa, this is so special! Great dp to go with Ginger's nursery and I love the buttons! :)

Ginny said...

Oh I need some of that paper!!! Soooo cute, love the elephants and the card and I love how you used the sketch for this week. The treat box is stinkin adorable too! I may have to go look that tutorial up!!! Thank you sooo much, and I will definatly try to remember the advice at the end of your post. :)

Lissame said...

love the whole project, thanks for sharing

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps