Sunday, November 07, 2010

Hop along with Me and Paper Makeup Stamps!

Good morning to all my blogging friends!! It's the 7th of November and that means that it's Release Day for Paper Makeup Stamps!!!!

We are kicking things off this fine morning with a Makeup Artist Blog Hop where we are going to showcase all of the WONDERFUL and AMAZING stamps which are being released tonight!

If you arrived here from the Marvelous Maria's Blog, then you are in the right place!

If you just dropped in to see me, HELLO!

If you have time, I'd love for you to go to the beginning of the hop at the Paper Makeup Stamps Blog where you will see the complete list of the ladies hoppin' (in case you get lost or a link isn't working), find out about the discount code (15% off the entire release!!!!) and some other release party information.

Since I'm near the end of the hop this time, I know that you have already seen some AMAZING and absolutely GORGEOUS cards and projects to showcase this month's stamps...I'm sure most of what you have seen have been gorgeous Christmas creations, but you won't find that here today! Nope, I'm going with a non-Christmas card featuring the Beautiful Day Fairy CELEST...

Now I know that Grey, So Saffron and White isn't a normal color combination...but when I got started coloring Celest, I wanted to portray both night as well as moonglow...so that's how I was inspired to use this color combo. The "Dream Big" sentiment is from the Dream Big set also by PMS. I liked how it went with the moon/nighttime theme that I was trying to go for.
Once I had Celest colored and attached I enjoyed making her sparkle using a mix of Stickles and Spiccas. Her dress was highlighted with my Gold Spicca and the collar was covered with my Clear Spicca. I traced the lines on the moon and the threads for the stars with the Clear Spicca too.

She really glimmers and shines--especially with the jewel edge I added for a border.

Are you ready to finish up your PMS Hop? You have two more stops left...so head on over to Christi Thorsen's blog but before you go, make sure you snag my letter for your code:


See you at the release party tonight!
Photobucket


Card Details
Stamps: Celest and Dream Big (PMS)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Coloring: Copics (0, C1, E00, E21, E37, E43, E47, E49, R20, W00, W1, W3, Y21, YR23)
Paper: CS-So Saffron, Basic Black (Stampin' Up), White (Georgia Pacific); DP-"Jr. Varsity" (SU)
Accessories/Tools: Standard Circles Small Nesties (Spellbinders), "Stardust" and "Silver" Stickles, "Gold" and "Clear" Spicca pens, adhesive crystal jewels, Heritage Collection embossing folder (Cuttlebug), Cuttlebug machine, 5/8" white grosgrain ribbon and dimensionals (SU)

24 Words of Love:

AScrappersDelight said...

She is very pretty! I love all the sparkle you added and Dream Big is a perfect sentiment!

Christi Snow said...

oooh, the grey and soft yellow on this is so perfectly gorgeous! LOVE this card! smiles....

Danni said...

So very pretty!!

Kristie said...

Very pretty! Love what you did with the bling!

Anne B. said...

The color look great together.

Anita Hovey said...

It may not be "normal" but it is gorgeous...one of my fav color combos...and a great combo for a baby card, too.

Lisa Kind said...

Just lovely, Lisa! Love the colors and the layout!

jan farnworth said...

very nice job.

Katie Cotton said...

such a sweet card of celest! I love it!

Stephanie Zito said...

So elegant and beautiful! Fabulous job with Celeste Lisa! I Love the sparkle!

Crafty Engineering said...

Oh so pretty and sparkly! Just Love it!

Michelle VP said...

So sweet, Lisa! Love all that shimmer. :)

Christi said...

I love all the shimmer and your inspiration for this awesome color combo!

Randee E said...

You and Maria must have been thinking on the same wavelength - love the yellow here too. And really LOVE the bling along the border - such apretty touch :0)

silvia said...

Pretty card!!

FibreJunky said...

Oooh, I just love the bling all around the edges. FAbulous sketch (and of course a wonderful fairy.)

Sanwanya said...

very pretty Lisa

Lindsy said...

Beautiful! Love the sparkles and the greys you used with this darling image =)

Mandi said...

Lovely card Lisa! :)

Michelle said...

Oh how pretty! Love how the image is in a circle hanging from the ribbon...FABULOUS job!

scrappintlc said...

Love all the gold and sparkles

Jan Garber said...

These little gals just look so content and happy! They make me smile!

Tina said...

Oh my heavens, this is beautiful and soft.

Ola said...

This is a very beautiful card!

Thank you so much for sharing!!!

~Ola
okj83 at live dot com

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps