Wednesday, November 17, 2010

A Blue Rose Anniversary

Hello ladies! I've been busy today working on all my cards that need to be done and scheduled on my blog before we leave on Thursday morning for our Thanksgiving vacation. One of the cards I've been planning out is the one for my grandparents 60th wedding anniversary! We are fortunate that we will be able to attend it while visiting for Thanksgiving--it's this Saturday! Here is the card I created in honor of their 60th anniversary.

Isn't this paper delicious? You all KNOW I'm not really a floral kind of paper person, but this vintagey style just called my name! It's a paper pad by G.C.D. Studios called Ella Blue. Oh my goodness! Everything in this pad is so vintage with the blues and browns. I love it! Honestly, I've been plotting and planning this card for a long time...but it's the paper that's always stumped me. But when I saw this I went *YES!* You see, my grandma's wedding dress was a dusty shimmery blue, which is why this was perfect!

I used this week's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge #93 (SSSC93) for my layout because I wanted to use three different papers from the pad. As you can see, I did a LOT to this card that I don't normally do. I stitched all my papers AND distressed the edges as well as added two colors of ink to distress them further. I didn't have a nice number stamp, so I typed up the "60th" and printed it out on Kraft paper. Then I punched it out and sponged some ink over it so it would match.

I kept my accents/embellishments the dusty blue to tie it in with the blue roses on the paper. I have had that shimmery sheer blue ribbon FOREVER, so I was happy that it matched and I made a nice double loop bow for it. The top layer of patterned paper with the blue roses has copper colored glitter already on it which adds a nice touch, but my last and final step was to spritz the whole card front with my new Shimmer spray by Tsukineko because I still wanted to have some shimmer even if I wasn't going for bling this time. This card is just so fabulous in person with the way it shimmers...something that a picture never seems to capture!

I'm just tickled..er...blue with my final card and I know my grandma will love it!

For Challenges:
Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge #109: Sparkle and Shine
(The card features shimmery ribbon, and was sprayed with Shimmer glitter spray)
Cute Card Thursday Challenge #138: Anything Goes

Photobucket
Card Details
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Soft Suede (Stampin Up)
Paper: CS-Early Espresson, Bordering Blue, Kraft/Crumb Cake (Stampin Up); DP-"Ella Blue" paper pad (GCD Studios)
Ribbon: sheer dusty blue
Accessories: "Sparkle" Shimmer spray (Tsukineko), blue pearls (Kaisercraft)

Tools: "Real Estate Sign" punch (EK Sucess), Sewing Machine, distressing tool, sponge

10 Words of Love:

Curlybear said...

wow beautiful card,
thanks for joining us at Secret Crafter: 109 Sparkle and shine,
Good luck,
Hugs Bridget :) x.
SCSC DT

Berenice R. said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for sharing :)

downrightcrafty said...

Oh wow love all the sparkle and shine, what a lovely creation thanks for joining us at the SCSC this week
Hugs Kate xx

{Jane} said...

Gorgeous

Thanks for joining us on SCSC :)

Hugs Jane x
SCSC DT

Carma said...

Lisa, This is just gorgeous!! Grandma (and Grandpa) would love whatever you make, I'm sure, but this will be very, very special.

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Beautiful anniversary card Lisa - I'm sure your Grandparents will love it. The BP is delicious - I love to use blue occasionally on my cards - it's a nice change from all that pink! Fabulous layout and stitching too. Have a wonderful holiday.
x Sylvia x

Jamie said...

Beautiful colors, love the stitching. Thanks for playing in our Beary Sweet Challenge!

Jamie from The Beary Scrap DT

Helen said...

Beautiful card!
Thanks for joining us at the SCSC!
Helen x

Patricia said...

Very pretty and I love all that stitching. Thanks so much for joining in our Anything Go's Challenge and I hope to see you back Dec 1 for a new challenge.
~Patricia
The Beary Scrap DT

Susan ~ Killam Creative said...

Lisa this is so sweet! 60 years - I can't even imaging it. :) Thanks so much for joining our Beary Sweet challenge - good luck!

Cheers,
Susan

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps