Tuesday, October 19, 2010

A Thanksgiving Prayer

Thanksgiving is going to be wonderful this year! My parents (living in WA) suprised us with plane tickets! Yes, all 4 of us will be able to go back and celebrate Thanksgiving with MY extended family for the first time since I've been married! It will be so awesome to have my boys (including my hubby!) with me as I celebrate with my grandma, grandpa, and all the great aunts/uncles, cousins, ect! Many of them haven't ever met my husband or the boys, so it will be a great time! And we are going out early enough to be at my grandma and grandpa's 60th wedding anniversary! Isn't that so awesome! We were so touched by the generosity of my parents.

My card today is the first of my many to come Thanksgiving cards and features one of my favorite sentiments for Thanksgiving...



This sentiment is by Paper Makeup Stamps as part of the Grateful Thanks set and is a must-have for this time of year. I used the sketch for this week over at Skipping Stones Design Blog. It was simple and perfect for showcasing this gorgeous sentiment. I pulled some of my new fall paper and was tickled to find it coordinated beautifully with Stampin' Up colors. I KNEW I should have snagged more than just 2 measly sheets of it...sigh. You would think I would have learned my lesson by now, but no. LOL!

For Challenges:
* Skipping Stones Design Challenge #47
* Crazy 4 Challenges #59 (C4C59): Autumn
* Corossive Challenge #86: No White



Card Details
Stamps: Grateful Thanks (PMS)
Ink: Chocolate Chip and Mellow Moss (SU)
Paper: CS-Cherry Cobbler, Chocolate Chip, Always Artichoke and Very Vanilla (SU); DP- "Stamped Leaves" (Paper Studio)
Accessories/Tools: "Heritage Collection" embossing folder, adhesive gems, ribbon, foam squares, sponge, Sm. Circle Nesties

7 Words of Love:

Katie Cotton said...

this card is just beautiful!

Kandi Phillips said...

Congrats on your upcoming trip, sounds like a blast! Fantastic card, I love that the sentiment is the focal point and the brads are a great touch! Thanks for joining us as Skipping Stones Design!

Janet said...

great card! thanks for joining the corrosive challenges this week!
hugs

~amy~ said...

WOW...fabbie gift!!!! I live in Washington:)

Awesome take on the sketch...love the quote...the embossing and the smidge of bling!

Barb's Boys said...

Beautiful card, love the Thanksgiving Prayer...thanks for joining us for the Skipping Stones Design Sketch challenge this week!

Wendy said...

What a beauty!!! The Thanksgiving Prayer is amazing!! Thank you so much for joining us at SSD!! I hope you are a fan of ours on Facebook!! We'd also love for you to upload photos on our Wall and they will go into our gallery!! See you on Tuesday!!

Brenda said...

This is so beautiful! The color combo with that rich red is perfect for Thanksgiving.
Thanks for playing along with us at SSD!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps