Thursday, October 21, 2010

Revisiting the simple scrap card

Well, I speculated in my post HERE regarding my vanilla notecards that I thought they would look better using a different color of cardstock...so I tried out my theory and I am *in love*!

I kept the layout and concept the same...but decided to go with Kraft paper for the base and sentiment layer...and then rather than just a simple knot, I added a knot bow, button and twine! Oh yes. I think my simple tweaks really made a HUGE difference because I REALLY like this card now!

For challenges:
* Pals Paper Arts #65: Bring on the Bling
* Our Creative Corner 10/16: Three or More Embellishments
(button, twine, ribbon, jewels)

I am DEFINITELY going to be saving this layout for future use...as in IMMEADIATE future use! LOL! I think I can whip out quite a few cards for Thanksgiving or any other occasion with this simple layout and the tweaks I added.

Card Details
Stamps: Autumn Splendor (Verve)
Ink: Chocolate Chip (Stampin' Up)
Paper: Kraft (Stampin Up); DP scrap
Accessories/Tools: twine, white grosgrain ribbon, button, adhesive jewels, "dotted wave" edge punch (Fiskars), dimensionals

8 Words of Love:

Danni said...

Another great card! I like the other ones too!

Heather said...

Oh this is simply gorgeous!!!! I LOVE that shade of blue. It just pops!!!

Cheryl said...

Gorgeous! I love the colors and the simple lay out that focuses on the sentiment.

Shirl said...

Absolutely works for me as well will be trying kraft card myself, so effective
Hugs Shirley

Annika said...

your CAS cards are absolutely amazing!! You have a wonderful talent for creating a beautiful balanced layouts - gorgeous work!!
Hugs
Annika

Tracey said...

Hi Lisa, love the Kraft card & this is gorgeous!

Congrats on being chosen for the Sentimental Sundays DT & I'm looking forward to working with you :)

Hope you're having a great weekend.
Hugs
Tracey
xx

MrsK said...

Hey Lisa! Totally gorgeous card! Congrats on the Sentimental Sundays DT & I'm looking forward to working with you chick!

hugz

Sal xx

Sandy Ang said...

Delightful little card !

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps