Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Reap a harvest

You know those days when you just wonder what the point is of doing anything nice for anyone? The days when it seems that "cheaters ALWAYS prosper"? Or the kind of day when you give people an inch in kindness...and they take a mile? When it seems like EVERYONE is catching a break...except for you? I know we've all been there and some of us might even be there right now...which is why I love the scripture Galatians 6:9...

No matter how bad it gets today or tomorrow or next week...I must always look ahead and draw strength from the truth of God's promise that I WILL reap a harvest in the future...at God's appointed time...as long as I don't give up.

This card's inspiration is from page 16 of the newest CardMaker magazine (Nov 2010). I only had smaller sentiments, so I gave my sentiment layer some added detail by adding the frame of score lines. It turned out perfect and I just love this version of the gatefold card!

For challenges:
* Basic Grey Challenge #31: Autumn/Harvest
* Crazy 4 Challenges #59: Autumn
* Corrosive Challenge #86: No white

Card Details
Stamps: Galatians 6:9 (Verve)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Paper: CS-Crumb Cake and Basic Black (Stampin Up); DP-Pyrus paper pad (Basic Grey)
Accessories/Tools: satin ribbon, black pearls, bone folder, foam tape

5 Words of Love:

Danni said...

Very nice!

Elizabeth (Beth) Moore said...

What a pretty project! Thank you for sharing and inspiring! It's time for another challenge at Papercraft Star and we hope that you will consider using your creative talents to join us for our "Thank You" theme! We are currently accepting applications for our Design Team too and It's also not too late to sign up for our $25.00 gift certificate drawing! Hope you visit us today! http://papercraftstar.blogspot.com/2010/09/another-gift-certificate-give-away-at.html

Janet said...

super card! thanks for playing at the corrosive challenge blog!
hugs

Kellie said...

Thanks for taking the challenge. Very nice card. I love the Fall colours.

TaraG said...

This is such a beautiful card! Love how you scored around the sentiment. It really makes it pop and the papers and colours are gorgeous!Thanks so much for joining us at BG Challenges!
Hugs,t and the BG Challenges DT

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps