Tuesday, October 05, 2010

PMS Sneaks Day #4- Monsters and Moody’s


It's Day #4 for the October Release Sneak Peaks from Paper Makeup Stamps! So far you've seen our newest card kit, a Sweet Stamp set and Accomplished Fairies! So what do we have for you today? We have Monsters and a Moody! If you are like me, you ADORE the monsters that Paper Makeup Stamps offer which means you are going to LOVE the fact that we have THREE new monsters for you this month! And boy, they are sooo cute! If you are a Moody lover, then you will be tickled that we have TWO new Moody's to add to our already AWESOME collection, but you only get to see ONE of them today! Tomorrow you will see the other new Moody girl. You can get sneaks for all of the Monsters and Moody being release on the 7th by visiting today's post over on the PMS blog.

As I said above, I adore the monsters…they are just so quirky and fun! But I've been really hoping and wishing for a fall monster. And my wish came true! One of the monsters this month is PERFECT for this season!

Meet little leaf monster Leif. He is shy and likes to hide in big piles of leaves…but I'll forgive him for not coming out because playing in piles of leaves is SUPER FUN! I got my layout from the first sketch on page 20 in the latest Paper Crafts magazine (Nov/Dec 2010). I love simple sketches like that because they really showcase the image you are using. To make my image more fun, I layered the leaves by stamping them on some fall colored paper and then paper piecing it to the image…but rather then just adding it, I popped it up with foam tape to give it some great depth. I darkened the black of the shadow around the eyes to make his eyeballs pop out of the pile. This monster image is super fun, because it came with the 3 leaves. I just chose to separate them into individual stamps.

The sentiment is smaller font and reads "I haven't seen you around lately." This sentiment comes with the leaf monster! Isn't that just perfect?

I couldn't leave the leaf pile and leaves *blah* so I dabbled some Stickles (using Diamond) on them to make them even more fun and sparkly.

For Challenges:

* Sentimental Sundays #23~ Autumn/Fall w/sentiment
* Basic Grey Challenges #30~ Sparkle

If you haven't done so yet, make sure you head over to the Paper Makeup Stamps blog to get a good look at the other monsters and the new Moody being released on the 7th. There is even a chance to win some RUBBAH, so you don't want to miss it! And don't forget to mark your calendars for the Release Party at 8:00pm CST on the 7th! We'll kick off the party that morning with a Makeup Artist Blog Hop which is ALWAYS fun and then the party itself will offer the chance for MORE PRIZES! I hope to see you there!

Card Details
Stamps: Leif w/sentiment (PMS)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento) and Chocolate Chip (Stampin' Up)
Coloring: Copics (E43, E47, E49, E35, E37, W01)
Paper: CS-Kraft/Crumb Cake, Chocolate Chip and Very Vanilla (SU); DP-Indian Summer (Basic Grey)
Accessories/Tools: "Diamond" Stickles (Ranger), Sm. Rectangle Nestabilities (spellbinders), white gel pen (uniball), foam tape

8 Words of Love:

Danni said...

What a super card! fun!

Lindsy said...

I love this card! What a great idea to paper piece and pop up the leaves a bit =)

Tangii said...

Oh my heck! This is just too darling!!!!!! What a sweet, sweet card... you did an awesome job :)

Carma said...

I love the detail with the extra leaves. This is soooo cute!

Dawn Mercedes said...

What an awesome layout and design...GREAT shadow on this fellow too!

Berenice R. said...

Super cute card! Thanks for sharing :)

Jo (Boots the Monkey) said...

Great, fun card.

Thank you for joining us at BasicGrey Challenges this week.

Hugs,

Jo and the BasicGrey Challenges DT x

Michelle VP said...

I love the layout you found! And how rich and warm those leaves look. What great dimension you gave that Leif pile. :)

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps