Thursday, October 07, 2010

October Release Day—starts with a Hop!


Good morning to all my blogging friends!! It's Thursday the 7th of October and that means that it's PAPER MAKEUP STAMPS RELEASE DAY!!! Woot! Woot! We are kicking things off this fine morning with a Makeup Artist Blog Hop where we are going to showcase all of the WONDERFUL and AMAZING stamps which are being released tonight! If you arrived here from Miss Bonnie's Blog (aka. The Lucky Clucker), then you are in the right place! If you just dropped in to see me, HELLO! We would love it if you would hop along with us today! Just go to the beginning of the hop at the Paper Makeup Stamps Blog where you will see the complete list of blogs (in case you get lost or a link isn't working), find out about the discount code (15% off the entire release!!!!) and some other release party information.

Have you seen Moody for Computers yet?

She is super cute as she types away on her laptop! I had a blast paper piecing her, though it took me nearly an hour to do JUST THE IMAGE as I had to take breaks to feed my little monster, play with my little monster, start dinner and put my little monster to sleep! LOL! I love the way the image turned out though. Just what I had envisioned! My color inspiration comes from this week's Color Combination challenge (CC291) on Splitcoaststampers of Razzleberry, Tangerine Tango and So Saffron! Not what I would ever randomly choose, but since I had this WONDERFUL coordinating piece of patterned paper (I love you Basic Grey!), it worked out quite nicely!

I went completely out of my box by adding the word "Hi" at an angle. I'm very symmetrical and straight when it comes to my cards, but I just didn't like the way it looked straight, so I bucked up and went crazy and added it at an angle! Is that sad? LOL! I have had those silver chipboard letters in my stash FOREVER! I just decided to go over them with some glitter for added bling.

I debated whether or not I wanted to use the new Mini computer sentiment set on this card, but decided to just leave it generic so that I could send it to anyone. If you haven't seen the mini computer sentiment set yet, don't worry…it will show up further along this hop.

Well, I could say more blah blah blah, but I will spare you and just send you on to your next stop, the gorgeous Ginger! Before you go, make sure you snag your next letter for your code…



This card was made for the following challenges:

CC291: Razzleberry Saffron Tangerines
Paper Sundaes #38: Use your Stash (my silver chipboard letters)
Basic Grey Challenges #30: Sparkle!

Don't forget that all the party fun starts tonight at 8pm Central time over on the Paper Makeup Stamps Forum! I hope to see you there for some gabbing and prizes!

Tootles!

Card Details
Stamps: Moody for Computers (PMS)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Paper: CS-So Saffron, Razzleberry, Tangerine Tango (Stampin Up) and White (Georgia Pacific); DP-Indian Summer pad (Basic Grey)
Accessories/Tools: silver chipboard letters, "Diamond" Stickles, silver pearls, "Swiss Dots" embossing folder, Foam tape, Cuttlebug

17 Words of Love:

AScrappersDelight said...

This Moody is so fun! I love the color combo!

Christi Snow said...

This is gorgeous, Lisa! I love the bit of bling around her. The time spent paper-piecing was worth the effort! smiles...

Khristen said...

Love that color combo...and the stamp is adorable! Great card!

Erika said...

This card is great. Such great colors

Tina said...

So pretty Lisa, perfect for the season.

Christi said...

I am loving that dp!! Beautiful card!!!

Lindsy said...

I totally LOVE this card! The sparkly HI caught my eye right away...and yes, have to love BG ~ they have some of the BEST paper! =)

Meli Mitchell said...

Beautiful, sweetheart!

jan farnworth said...

love the colors you choose nice card.

Stephanie Zito said...

Oh my goodness Lisa!!! This is absolutely stunning! Gorgeous creation!

Dawn Mercedes said...

She's awesome!!

Danni said...

Wonderful card and yay for going out of the box with the sentiment...I have a hard time with that too!

Kristie said...

Wow, you have a lot of patience to paper piece Moody! She turned out fantastic as did the rest of your card.

Michelle VP said...

She's so pretty paper-pieced and I love the "HI" on an angle. :)

PinkBlingCrafter said...

adorable card:) Great colors

fi's cards and crafts said...

pretty card and great colour combo. Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week.

Fi

Randee E said...

Love Moody as a blonde :0) and the glittery letters and the color combo - oh heck! I LOVE it all!!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps