Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Just ducky!

I just love baby cards and truly don't make enough of them! So I decided to bust out a digi (something ELSE I don't use enough) and throw together a cute baby card for one my friends.

I ADORE yellow. In fact my little one wears a LOT of it! LOL! There is just something so comforting about a soft sunshine shade...which is why So Saffron is one of my absolute FAVE colors by Stampin Up...and why I chose it for my card! The gingham paper is something from my stash--and my last piece!

I honestly have NO IDEA where this digital image came from. If it looks familiar to you and you know who designed it, PLEASE let me know in the comments so I can give credit to the designer for this adoreable little guy. I loved using my new EYELET CIRCLE Nestabilities! They are so cute and perfect for baby cards! My son liked being handed the die and asked to poke the tiny paper circles out of it (from the eyelet part). That's just up his alley! LOL!

I used the sketch from this week's Our Creative Corner Sketch Challenge...but didn't look close enough to see the circle was supposed to be where the sentiment went. WHOOPS! LOL! But I don't care. I like it just the way it is! I'll enter it anyways and see if I can get lucky and they'll accept it...though I won't be suprised if they don't! My bad!

The sentiment is by Paper Makeup Stamps and can be found by CLICKING HERE. There are a LOT of great baby sentiments by PMS, which is why I used the A New Baby sentiment seen HERE for the inside.

For Challenges:
*Anything Goes #20: Ribbons
*Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge #104: Distressing
(I distressed the edges of my gingham paper)
*Paper Sundaes #39: Change of Seasons/Change of Life
*One Stitch At A Time #34: Time for Digi
*Card Making Mommas Challenge #7: Digi

I am getting ready to dig into making my Thanksgiving cards, so be prepared for an overload of Thankful themed projects very soon!

Card Details
Image: Duckling Digi (Unknown Designer), "Congratulations" (PMS)
Ink: Amber Clay (Colorbox Fluid Chalk)
Coloring: Copics (B000, B01, B02, C1, E35, E37, E43, E47, G94, G99, Y21, YR23)
Paper: CS-So Saffron (Stampin' Up) and White (Georgia Pacific); DP-Yellow Gingham (From stash)
Accessories/Tools: Eyelet Circles Nestabilities (Spellbinders), ribbon, button, floss, "Threading Water" border punch (Fiskars), "Waterfall" Stickles (Ranger)

11 Words of Love:

Berenice R. said...

Such a darling card! Thanks for sharing :)

Love crafts forever said...

OMG! This is just too cute. Thank you for playing at OSAAT. Hugs, Nataliya.

You still have time to enter this card to Stampin with the Dragon challenge. The theme is water.

Jayne said...

Lovely card Lisa, very sweet image and I love the gingham DP. Thanks for joining us at OSAAT.

Curlybear said...

Hi Lisa
Beautiful distressing and background papers, and the little duck is oh so cute, thanks for joining us at SC: 104 Distressing challenge, Good luck, Hugs Bridget ;) x. SCSC DT

Diane Gilbert said...

This is ADORABLE!!! I LOVE your version of this week's sketch, that little ducky is tooo sweet! Thanks for playing along with this week's sketch challenge over at 'Our Creative Corner'!

chrissy xx said...

It's Gorgeous. Love it. Thank you sooooo much for joining us at OSAAT.
Chrissyxx
p.s. You must get some more gingham paper it's lovely.

Sarah said...

Oh WOW! How cute is this little duckie, what a fantastic job.Thanks for playing with us at OSAAT, hope to see you back this weekend.
xxx
Sarah

A.J. said...

Great card - love the yellow and the gingham's great!
Thanks for joining in with our “Use Your Digi Stamps” challenge at OSAAT.

Crafty Creations by AJ
Amanda

MommaJess said...

This is an adorable card. I love the yellow too. Thanks Lisa for playing with us at CMM.

Jess

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

What a great card!! Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes.

Hugs,
Wendy

Pattie said...

Super cute! Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes for our Change of Seasons challenge!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps