Friday, October 15, 2010

Inspiration from a song...

Hello everyone! It's time for another Makeup 4 the Weekend Challenge over on the Paper Makeup Stamps Blog! This week's challenge (M4TW46) is brought to us by Senior Makeup Artist Randee Elsing. She wants you to be inspired...by a song! Choose a song, any song and let it inspire you for your project this week! And if you can, share with us a link to the song that inspired you!

I was inspired by not one...but by TWO songs! I love the song "There you'll Be" by Faith Hill and I also love the catchy tune "My life would suck without you" by Kelly Clarkson (though I prefer the GLee version). Each of these talks about how the singer loves to be with their special someone...

This sentiment is one of my favorites by Paper Makeup Stamps. I thought it was a perfect choice for combining the main message of each song. I used the layout of the card on page 29 of the new Paper Crafts Magazine (Nov/Dec 2010) for my card because it was a simple design. I pulled from my new Basic Grey paper pad "Green at Heart" for that beautiful paper. I paired it with Elegant Eggplant and Always Artichoke...hmm, sounds like a delicious sidedish! LOL!

If you have your speakers turned on, you might be listening to my music...did you notice the songs? Yep, those are the ones I was inspired by! So enjoy!
I hope that you will play along with us this week! Remember that if you do and use a PMS stamp, you will be entered to win some FREE RUBBAH! Make sure you add the tag M4TW46 if you upload to Splitcoast or Paper Craft Planet so that we can find your creation! And make sure you upload it to Mr. Linky on today's post!

Card Details
Stamps: "Together" (PMS)
Ink: Elegant Eggplant and Mellow Moss (Stampin' Up)
Paper: CS-Elegant Eggplant and Always Artichoke (SU) and White (Georgia Pacific); DP-Green at Heart pad (Basic Grey)
Accessories/Tools: machine stitching, sponge, adhesive gems, sheer ribbon, foam tape

4 Words of Love:

Katie Cotton said...

i love those songs too! fabby card!

Randee E said...

Gorgeous card Lisa, I can see how you fell in love with the DP. It's fab!! The Kelly Clarkson song is a perfect match with this perfect card :0)

Carma said...

Lisa, This is just gorgeous!! Love that dp and the bow and the bling are just right!!

Tina said...

This is just gorgeous Lisa, loving the colors and the warmth. So sweet!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps