Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Abundant Blessings and an Announcement

Can you even believe it's the last week of October already? Only two measly months left before this 2010 year is OVER! This has been a year of abundant blessings for my family and I hope yours too!

I put this card together following the directions for the card on page 35 of the latest CardMaker Magazine (November 2010). I used the trio of pumpkins from the Bountiful Harvest stamp set by Verve. I don't have any orange Copic markers, so I pulled out my trusty old BIC markers and did some combos to get my pumpkins looking right. And to top it off, pulled out my Stickles stash and made those pumpkins shine!

Have any of my regular blurfers noticed something *new* on my blog? If you look on the right sidebar you should notice something NEW towards the bottom...see it? It's the new Blinkie for Sentimental Sundays Challenge blog...notice anything special? How about MY NAME on the Design Team list???!! Woohoo! I am tickled to death that I'm a member of this challenge blog as it is surely a match made in creativity heaven! I'm a diehard sentiment user prefering them to nearly any image...so being on a team that focuses on sentiments is PERFECT!!

This week's challenge (#26) for Sentimental Sundays is *DISTRESSING*. Just create a project using distressing and featuring a sentiment and join our challenge! I love the look of distressed edges on a card. I used my distressing tool on the vanilla layers of this card and then sponged Chocolate Chip ink to give it even more of a distressed look.

I hope you will play along with us this week and add your card to Mr. Linky! Can't wait to see what you *distress* about! :)


Card Details
Stamps: Bountiful Harvest (Verve)
Ink: Chocolate Chip and Old Olive (Stampin Up); Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Coloring: BIC markers (Summer Melon, Adobe Orange and Honey Brown); Stampin Up markers (Old Olive and Always Artichoke)
Paper: Chocolate Chip and Very Vanilla (Stampin Up)
Accessories/Tools: adhesive amber jewels, "Cinnamon", "Diamond" and "Lime" Stickles, sponge, dimensionals, distressing tool

3 Words of Love:

Jess said...

Congrats on the design team gig Lisa - I've got a similar badge on my blog now ;)

I love how sparkly this card is!!

HappyCrafter said...

Fun card, great job with the Bic's! Congrats on the design team, looking forward to getting to know you over the next few months!

Michelle VP said...

Love those sparkly pumpkins! Congrats on the new design team - sounds like a perfect fit! I've never heard of Sentimental Sundays before - so many challenge blogs out there these days. I'll have to check them out now. :)

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps