Thursday, September 02, 2010

Winter Wishes in September

It is September and I'm super excited because it's my most favoritest season of the year...Autumn! I'm itching to get going on my autumn colored and themed cards, but first I'm looking ahead to winter. Now I know that it seems a tad bit jumping the gun, but I saw a card I just had to CASE and I ended up using one of my favorite embossing folders--which just happens to be winter themed...sooooo....I have a winter card to start off September!

This card was inspired by one of the bonus cards featured in the newest Paper Works Magazine (Sept/Oct 2010). It was called Dramatic Anniversary and I LOVED how the embossing was the main focus. I kept the same layout idea...just changed everything else.

I used the embossing folder "Snowflakes" (Cuttlebug) for the embossing and kept this a simple Navy and White card. The sentiment is from the Snow Happy set by Paper Makeup Stamps. That is by FAR my most favorite winter themed set. Period! I liked the touch of the snowflake brad on the bow...just wish it was a shiny silver...but it still works great!

For Challenges:
* The Pink Elephant #82 (TPE82)~ Mostly White
* Paper Sundaes #33~ Christmas in August
* Sentimental Sundays #18~ Clean and Simple w/sentiment

Only 2 more days until the beginning of the Paper Makeup Stamps September Release Sneak Peaks! Make sure you check in here for the first glimpse at the fantabulous stamps being released this month!

Card Details
Stamps: Snow Happy (Paper Makeup Stamps)
Ink: Night of Navy (Stampin Up)
Paper: CS-Night of Navy (SU) and White (Georgia Pacific)
Accessories/Tools: satin navy ribbon, pewtar snowflake brads, "Snowflakes" embossing folder (Cuttlebug)

7 Words of Love:

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

WOW, such a stunningly beautiful and elegant Christmas card. I love it!!

Hugs,
Wendy

Christine aka blankiefinder said...

Such an elegant Christmas card! Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week!

Carma said...

Wow! This is so gorgeous. Really stunning.

alicaz said...

very pretty! elegant and festive!
Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week!

Krista said...

Wow, this is just gorgeous! Very pretty and elegant! Perfect for our challenge at The Pink Elephant!
Krista :)

FibreJunky said...

Oh my word, I just LOVE this!!! Gorgeous!!!

Cheryl said...

Gorgeous & elegant! I love it.

Thank you for joining us for the Sentimental Sundays Clean & Simple challenge. I hope you will join us for our new challenge.

Cheryl
http://shestamps.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps