Monday, September 20, 2010

Quixotic Paperie celebrates PMS!

Quixotic Paperie is the UK online retailer for Paper Makeup Stamps and today is special because the Paper Makeup Stamps Makeup Artist Team is joining forces with the Quixotic Paperie Team for a super fun hop showcasing some of the AMAZING rubber stamps by Paper Makeup Stamps! We hope you will enjoy some fabulous eye-candy from our artists along with the amazing artists at Quixotic! While we aren't linking to each other, we are giving you a list of all the people participating to celebrate Quixotic Paperie and Paper Makeup Stamps! If you would like to start at the beginning of the eye candy train...stop by the blog of the fabulous owner of QP, Elaine Hughes!

I have a set of two cards to share with you today using my most FAVORITE winter go-to set called Snow Happy!


I just love this set because of those adoreable snowmen! I cased THIS CARD by this week's SCS featured stamper Kristin (aka. eberlinek) for my layout because it was soooo simple and I got to show off my new Basic Grey paper (THANK YOU, MICHELLE VP!!) with the cute snowmen. The paper was perfect for adding the paper piecing of their scarves (and hat!). I dabbled a tiny bit of Stickles on the little hearts on each of the snowmen for my dab of sparkle.

I don't know if you can see it, but I ran each piece of BG paper through my Cuttlebug using two of my winter embossing folders "Snow Flurries" and "Snowflakes". It's really hard to see, but it added a lot of texture to the simple design. Here is a closeup of the plaid paper which was embossed with the "snowflakes" folder.
This fabulous winter themed stamp set can be found HERE at Quixotic Paperie and HERE at the PMS store.

Thank you for stopping by my blog...if you are ready to move on, here is the complete list of participants for your convenience!

Elaine Hughes
Carole Middlehurst
Emma Lockley
Judy Laing
Kim Costello
Kim Dellow
Rowena Barnard
Katie Cotton
Christi Thorsen
Tangii Crain
Lisa Kind
Randee Elsing
Shaela Odd
Tina Hale
Andrea Vernagus
Anita Hovey
Bonnie Sharp
Danni Bindel
Dawn Barrett
Ginger Schwerin
Lisa McKinney à ME!
Maria Gurnsey
Michelle Van Patten
Simonne Clay
Stephanie Zito

Enjoy checking out the rest of the Paper Makeup Stamps goodness and h
ave a delightful week!


Card Details
Stamps: Snow Happy (Paper Makeup Stamps)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Coloring: Copics (C1, B39, YR23) and Prismacolor (Dk. Olive Green)
Paper: CS-Night of Navy, Old Olive (Stampin' Up) and White (Georgia Pacific); DP-Oliver (Basic Grey)
Accessories/Tools: Cuttlebug, "Snow Flurries" and "Snowflakes" embossing folders (Cuttlebug), olive satin ribbon, navy grosgrain ribbon, dimensionals, "Stardust" Stickles (Ranger)

11 Words of Love:

Maria Gurnsey said...

Great minds ;) I used the same set....these are super cute :)

Tina said...

I love these snowmen paired with that paper, awesome!

Randee E said...

Love it Lisa!! Very simple and one of my all time favorite color combos!!

Shaela said...

these are beautiful! love the subtle texture on the patterned paper :)

Kim Dellow said...

Beautiful cards! Love the little snowman. Kim

Danni said...

Super adorable!!

Carma said...

The added texture is awesome. I love this set and the paperpiecing is fabulous (such tiny pieces!!)

Michelle VP said...

What wonderful details you have on these cards! Love the embossed DP and pieced scarves. :) So happy to see you enjoying your new paper. :)

Berenice R. said...

Such a nice card! Thanks for sharing :)

Stephanie Zito said...

So adorable Lisa! I love your choice of colors!

Elaine aka Quixotic said...

Love this!!!! Fab job Lisa. :)

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps