Sunday, September 05, 2010

PMS Sneaks Day #3: Meet Drummer

It's Day 3 of the Sneak Peaks for the September release by Paper Makeup Stamps. Yesterday you got a glipmse of the fabulous new sentiment set Nothing Left to Say. Today it's all about the new images being released! We have some new images in the Beautiful Day Fairy collection, Retro Cutie Critters, and more!

I am quite taken with the Retro Cutie Critter line, and have fallen in love with one of the two new animals in the collection, little Drummer bear.

My biggest nemesis in coloring is coloring animals so I was a bit wary about coloring Drummer, but I think he turned out pretty darn cute! I kept him super simple on a CAS card highlighting the red and blue accents. I added just a smidge of sparkle to all the things I colored red on the image--the feather, the band and the drum. I think the Diamonds & Dots embossing folder matches his drum design just right! I used one of the sentiments from the Birthday Cheer set also by PMS and seperated it so it would be staggered. I think this little bear will be perfect for birthday cards or congratulations cards, don't you?

Now head on over to the Paper Makeup Stamps Blog for glimpses of the other fabulous images being released on the 7th! And make sure you check out the info on how YOU could WIN a $20 shopping spree at the Paper Makeup STamps Store!!!!!

Card Details
Stamps:
Drummer and Birthday Cheer (Paper Makeup Stamps)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento), Brilliant Blue (Stampin' Up)
Coloring: Copics-C1, C3, C5, B39, E43, E47, E49, R29; Prismacolor-Brick White & Mocha Light
Paper: Brilliant Blue, Real Red, Crumb Cake/Kraft (Stampin' Up) and White (Georgia Pacific)
Accessories/Tools: red double stitched grosgrain ribbon, white gel pen (Uniball), "Dotted Wave" edge punch (EK Success), "Diamonds & Dots" embossing folder (Quickutz), "Stardust" Stickles (Ranger), dimensionals

9 Words of Love:

AScrappersDelight said...

Your drummer bear card is so fun!

Shaela said...

what a great patriotic card - I love how you paired the kraft with the red, white and blue; the colors look great!

Tracey said...

This is adorable!! A fabulous card!

Brandi said...

What a cute card! :) Love the way you scored the blue paper and added the highlights!

FibreJunky said...

He's so cute!! I like the white dots on the background. Nice touch.

Carma said...

The embossed paper is perfect! I love the touch of sparkle. He looks like he's having lots of fun.

Kelly Sas said...

Your little drummer bear did turn out darn cute! Love the colors of this card too.

Randee E said...

I think your card turned out pretty darn cute too :0) Love the diamond pattern on the background and the punch - just got that from my SA :0) YOur coloring of the bearr is perfect!

Stephanie Zito said...

So adorable! Love your card design and color combo!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps