Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Philippians 4:4

Fall fall, glorious fall! I'm so very ready for fall, and am already gearing up for it with my cards this week! I even pulled my fall colored patterned paper and moved it to the front of my container for convenience! LOL! And I've decided I don't have enough fall paper! LOL! Okay, so that might be a LITTLE bit of an exaggeration, but I do know that I will be adding to those colors the next time I hit Hobby Lobby or Michaels! Or I wonder…does Basic Grey have an autumn color pack? I need to find out, because if they do, I'm SOOOO there! LOL!

My card to share today features a joining of my two favorite stamp companies…Paper Makeup Stamps and Verve! I own nearly all the scripture verse stamps by Verve and I love to pair them with images from my Paper Makeup Stamps collection.

I was inspired by that fabulous patterned paper—one of my favorite ones for autumn with the olive, rust, rust and cream tones! I sadly had to cut into my last 12 x 12 piece for this card! (SOB!!) See, I TOLD you I needed more fall paper! {wink}

This card features the stamp Philippians 4:4 by Verve. I've paired it with one of the beautiful flower stamps from the Faith Hope Love set by Paper Makeup Stamps. I colored the stamp with my Stampin' Up markers to get the color combination I wanted and then stamped it on a scrap lightly, then heavy on the paper. I then stamped it again without re-inking two more times to get the shadowed and faded images. I just love that technique, don't you? I stamped the scripture on top with my favorite brown ink…Chocolate Chip.

This layer heavy layout is this week's sketch challenge (SSS73) over at challenge blog The Sweet Stop. I don't do layer heavy cards very often, but I loved the layout on this one.

For Challenges:
The Sweet Stop Sketch Challenge #73 (SSS73)
A Spoon Full of Sugar challenge #121: Autumn Colors
Creative Card Crew Challenge for 9/14: Autumn or Fall

Card Details
Stamps: Faith, Hope, Love (Paper Makeup Stamps), Philippians 4:4 (Verve)
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Old Olive, Really Rust (Stampin' Up)
Paper: CS-Dusty Durango, Very Vanilla and Old Olive (SU); PP- "Rich Stripes" Out & About (From stash)
Accessories/Tools: chocolate DS grosgrain ribbon, "Polka Dots" embossing folder (Cuttlebug), Cuttlebug Machine

3 Words of Love:

Michelle VP said...

Beautiful texture and shadow stamping with that flower! :)

Nancy said...

Beautiful Card!!!
Thanks for playing with us at The Sweet Stop.

dstandard said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for playing at The Sweet Stop!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps