Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Peace and a Future Filled With Hope

Do you have a favorite scripture? If you are like me, you probably have MANY favorite scriptures. There are so many Psalms that I keep in my heart, but I think my most favorite scripture is Jeremiah 29:11. This scripture has brought me comfort in times of trial and despair so many times and it was the #1 scripture I clung to during our long months of trying to conceive our second child and then after my miscarriage last year. I am very happy that I have that stamp in rubber because I just love stamping with it—as I recite the scripture while inking it up.


As you can see, I inked up this stamp for my card today. This scripture stamp is part of a wonderful set called Believe Scripture Set by Paper Makeup Stamps. This set was one of the very first that I purchased from Paper Makeup Stamps and a set I go to time and time again. I ran the layer the scripture is stamped on through my Cuttlebug using my new embossing folder from the Cindy Loo collection by ProvoCraft. It doesn't have a name I don't think, but it does gorgeous leaves!

This was the card that kept changing. I changed the layout and color combination over and over. And then when it was nearly done, I dropped my black ink pad (ink side down, naturally) on it! Thankfully it didn't too much damage, though I had to redo my sentiment layer. My final color combination of Cherry Cobbler, Black and Creamy Caramel is one that I've never used before…but it is very warm and comfy and VERY Autumn!

This card is my entry for the Freshly Brewed Challenge #15 this week. The challenge is to use D(istressing) A(utumn) R(ibbon) and E(mbellishments) on our card. I distressed my plaid paper and sanded the embossed image. My card is most definitely autumn colors and I take card of the R and E requirements with my touches of black in my ribbon and pearls.

For Challenges:
Fresh Brewed Designs Challenge #15: D.A.R.E
Spoon Full of Sugar #121: Autumn Colors
Creative Card Crew Challenge for 9/14: Autumn/Fall

Speaking of Hope…we just found out today that my husband received a VERY unexpected $4.00 an hour raise effective immediately( yes, you read that right! FOUR DOLLARS!) and a $200 bonus! Now THAT bodes very well for our future considering we are going to have a small fortune in diapers! LOL!

Quote for the Day:
"I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord. They are plans for peace and not disaster plans to give you a future filled with Hope."
Jeremiah 29:11


Card Details
Stamps: Believe Scripture Set (Paper Makeup Stamps)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Paper: CS-Creamy Caramel, Cherry Cobbler, Basic Black (Stampin' Up); DP- "Fall Plaid" (The Paper Studio)
Accessories/Tools: black satin ribbon, black pearls (Kaisercraft), "Leaves" Cindy Loo Collection embossing folder (Cuttlebug), dimensional, distressing tool

6 Words of Love:

Carma said...

This is just gorgeous. I forget to use my embossing folders. Thanks for the reminder of how much they can add. The black satin ribbon is sooo elegant. Perfect finishing touch.

Heather said...

I truly love this scripture as well. The Lord has a plan for us all, we just need to trust in him through it all. Thank you for sharing that and reminding me that he is still working on me and the plan he has for me.

Thank you so much for playing along with us at our Freshly Brewed DARE challenge!

Cherie said...

I agree, your card is warm and cozy and makes me think of autumn blackberries, brilliant card.
Thanks for playing along with Creative Card Crew,
hugs cherie

Katie Cotton said...

love love love it!

Grace said...

This is a very beautiful scripture and reminder that we are not in control. I love the layout & colors. Very, very lovely card!

Joanne Leddy said...

Thanks for reminding me to use my embossing folders more often .... and more importantly thanks for reminding me that I am not the "leader" but rather the "follower" of the Lord. A beautiful verse.

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love getting comment love, so feel free to make my day! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

FTC Declaration

These companies have gifted me free products and/or cash for promotional purposes:

*Paper Makeup Stamps
*Pink Cat Studio
*DeeDee's Digis
*MelJen Designs
*Tickled Pink
*Heart Song Stamps
*Lindsay's Scrapbook Shop
*Tiddly Inks
*Wags N Whiskers
* Paper Shelter
*My Favorite Things
*Saturated Canary
*Bugaboo Stamps